MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FREE Practice MCAT/DAT/LSAT/GMAT/GRE ashkie General Discussion 31 10-04-2011 09:21 PM
questions???? raveenaj First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 07-30-2011 05:21 PM
graduate programs without any GMAT cellphone Academics 3 07-14-2010 08:09 PM

GMAT Questions

Old 03-29-2012 at 06:43 PM   #1
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

GMAT Questions
Hi,

I was wondering when do most people write their GMAT test? Do they write it in 3rd year or 4th year? Also, if you retry the GMAT test does the retry affect your acceptance probability in general or does it depend on university to university? Also, do GMAT tests have like an expiry date so to say like this score is valid from today to 2015 for example? Last question would be how much studying should one do to prepare to get at least 650 on the GMAT. Thanks for the responses,

Humza
Old 03-29-2012 at 06:48 PM   #2
nomchock

Liked: 31 Times

you do know if you googled that you would find out instantly
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gradua... dmission_Test
Old 03-29-2012 at 07:01 PM   #3
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomchock View Post
you do know if you googled that you would find out instantly
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gradua... dmission_Test
That doesn't answer all of my questions, but thanks for the link. I already read through that before posting this thread.
Old 03-30-2012 at 12:35 AM   #4
unclekraker

Liked: 2 Times

The answer to most of your questions is it depends. When: depends on what kind of MBA you want to do. Traditional MBA programs generally require several years of experience as a prerequisite. I wouldn't say it makes sense to write it now since it expires in 5 years. However, there are a few programs (including McMaster's) that offer co-op options designed for new or recent graduates. So anytime before you apply would make sense. As to whether retries are counted against you, this depends on the school. (DeGroote takes your highest score). Keep in mind that there is no set formula for studying for these types of tests. The test rewards candidates who can think critically - its not content based at all. The whole test is high school material. But generally you should give yourself at least a few months to be safe. Good luck

anonanon987 says thanks to unclekraker for this post.

anonanon987 likes this.
Old 03-30-2012 at 01:18 AM   #5
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclekraker View Post
The answer to most of your questions is it depends. When: depends on what kind of MBA you want to do. Traditional MBA programs generally require several years of experience as a prerequisite. I wouldn't say it makes sense to write it now since it expires in 5 years. However, there are a few programs (including McMaster's) that offer co-op options designed for new or recent graduates. So anytime before you apply would make sense. As to whether retries are counted against you, this depends on the school. (DeGroote takes your highest score). Keep in mind that there is no set formula for studying for these types of tests. The test rewards candidates who can think critically - its not content based at all. The whole test is high school material. But generally you should give yourself at least a few months to be safe. Good luck
Thanks for the response. This stuff is good to know. I'll be looking into particular universities in my senior years.