MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is it good to take fridays off? melyssa First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 08-14-2011 11:08 PM
Inception any good? habinsle General Discussion 2 09-07-2010 11:38 AM
Is this a good timetable or bad? quresmu General Discussion 3 08-14-2009 09:18 PM
Anyone good with MS Access? kokosas General Discussion 4 07-27-2009 10:27 AM

Good Mic?

Old 09-25-2012 at 03:43 PM   #1
Kaerea

Liked: 0 Times

Good Mic?
So, I'm doing a voice-acting thing for a fan project for this thing online. I'm likely to get the part, but I've been told by the people doing it that if possible, they'd like me to get a better mic, because I'm using a headset mic right now. The main problem is that I need a pop screen, as well as needing to cut the gain, meaning being farther back from it. Things would be much easier if I could find a good microphone, possibly with a pop screen. Does anyone know where in the area I might be able to purchase such a thing?
Old 09-25-2012 at 04:04 PM   #2
VastHorizon
Elite Member

Liked: 128 Times

http://www.long-mcquade.com/products...c_with_USB.htm

or

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...757&CatId=4902

I've had the Blue (2nd from the list). It's a good mic for the price.

Kaerea says thanks to VastHorizon for this post.

Kaerea likes this.
Old 09-25-2012 at 04:14 PM   #3
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Probably best off with something like what Vast suggested, although a quality headset might do the trick along with editing software (audacity or pirated good stuff). Is this a live sort of deal, or a matter of recording? Sounds like something you'd be interacting with a cast.. probably worth the investment to get a proper mic though, decent re-saleability if you eventually need to get rid of it.
Old 09-25-2012 at 07:31 PM   #4
Hobbes

the Blue Snowball is a good mic and you can find it for $90 at canada computers. I would suggest against getting a headset for the mic, its very rare that you would find a headset with a mic that will match the quality of a dedicated microphone of the same price.
Old 09-25-2012 at 07:52 PM   #5
AngryBean
Account Locked

Liked: 129 Times

Dont forget to get a pop filter for that thing, it is a necessity for voice acting.
Old 09-25-2012 at 08:18 PM   #6
UnfortunateL

Liked: 7 Times

Try a blue yeti.
Old 09-26-2012 at 07:13 AM   #7
Kaerea

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Probably best off with something like what Vast suggested, although a quality headset might do the trick along with editing software (audacity or pirated good stuff). Is this a live sort of deal, or a matter of recording? Sounds like something you'd be interacting with a cast.. probably worth the investment to get a proper mic though, decent re-saleability if you eventually need to get rid of it.
The plan is to be recording my own lines, I'm pretty sure. I don't think it's going to be anything like live interaction. Thanks for the tip on re-saleability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryBean View Post
Dont forget to get a pop filter for that thing, it is a necessity for voice acting.
I'm assuming a pop filter can be purchased from the same sort of place, ie. Long & McQuade?
Old 09-26-2012 at 11:28 AM   #8
AngryBean
Account Locked

Liked: 129 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaerea View Post
I'm assuming a pop filter can be purchased from the same sort of place, ie. Long & McQuade?
Just get it off eBay.