MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Grad card? Kathy2 Academics 13 02-02-2010 04:05 PM
Grad Card and Grad Response Form Available nh999 MacInsiders Announcements 0 02-02-2010 08:57 AM
Reinstatement response time ali999 Academics 1 06-24-2009 09:41 AM
Graduate Response Form Chad MacInsiders Announcements 1 03-30-2009 06:20 PM
Where is this Graduation Response Form ??? eve_eve General Discussion 8 03-11-2009 06:54 AM

Grad card and response

Old 05-21-2010 at 10:11 PM   #1
thompson

Liked: 4 Times

Grad card and response
Hi guys,

Really confused about this:

Our records indicate you have either been “Cleared to Graduate” or are considered a ‘Potential Graduand’ for Spring 2010 Convocation however you have not yet completed the Graduation Information Card or the Graduation Response Form.
Please fill out the Graduation Information Card by April 30, 2010. If you do not complete the card by the deadline, your name will appear on your diploma as recorded in our system.
If you wish to attend the ceremony, order guest tickets or have your diploma mailed to you, please fill out the Graduation Response Form by May 6, 2010 if you are a Health Science graduand or May 24, 2010 for all other graduands.

So if I didn't fill out the information card, my diploma will just show up with what's in the record. I'm fine with that. Is this info card required to be filled in, or is it just for the name on my diploma?

Grad response form. Went to the link and apparently you can't do it online anymore. It says to call the registrar but May 24 is Victoria Day! Now what?

Thanks for the help.
Old 05-21-2010 at 10:24 PM   #2
nh999
Elite Member

Liked: 15 Times

Oh wow...it really doesn't work anymore...Unfortunate ly, I think your best bet would be to call them when they are open again May 25.
Old 05-22-2010 at 04:42 AM   #3
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Hey, nh999 : ). Are you going to grad?

Also, are we supposed to get our tickets in the mail?
Old 05-22-2010 at 07:36 AM   #4
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompson View Post

So if I didn't fill out the information card, my diploma will just show up with what's in the record. I'm fine with that. Is this info card required to be filled in, or is it just for the name on my diploma?

Grad response form. Went to the link and apparently you can't do it online anymore. It says to call the registrar but May 24 is Victoria Day! Now what?

Thanks for the help.
I don't think it will just show up...part of filling out the info card and the convocation card is so they know what to include on your diploma. If you didn't fill out your grad card, you won't be getting a diploma this spring.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 05-22-2010 at 08:36 AM   #5
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
I don't think it will just show up...part of filling out the info card and the convocation card is so they know what to include on your diploma. If you didn't fill out your grad card, you won't be getting a diploma this spring.
Yes he will. From original post:

Quote:
If you do not complete the card by the deadline, your name will appear on your diploma as recorded in our system.
Old 05-22-2010 at 08:39 AM   #6
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunton View Post
Yes he will.
But you still have to arrange to get the diploma, which is done thru one of those cards, no?

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 05-22-2010 at 11:56 AM   #7
thompson

I don't have a minor anyway, so all the info should show up correctly as to what is in the system I suppose. Can anyone confirm this?

The response form is to know if you will be attending convocation so that they have the diploma at the ceremony, or to say that you will not have them mail it to you.
Old 05-24-2010 at 06:06 PM   #8
nh999
Elite Member

Liked: 15 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Hey, nh999 : ). Are you going to grad?

Also, are we supposed to get our tickets in the mail?
haha I'm pretty sure I already answered you but I didn't see this post before. But in case anyone is curious, yes, they say in the Grad Response Form that the tickets are mailed to us on starting May 25.

Lois says thanks to nh999 for this post.

Lois likes this.
Old 05-25-2010 at 01:26 PM   #9
umarbs

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompson View Post
I don't have a minor anyway, so all the info should show up correctly as to what is in the system I suppose. Can anyone confirm this?

The response form is to know if you will be attending convocation so that they have the diploma at the ceremony, or to say that you will not have them mail it to you.
Did you call the registrar? I havn't filled the graduation response form yet and I'm trying to call since morning but can't get hold of them. They're busy.
Old 05-25-2010 at 02:09 PM   #10
thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by umarbs View Post
Did you call the registrar? I havn't filled the graduation response form yet and I'm trying to call since morning but can't get hold of them. They're busy.
I called. Email [email protected] saying that you want the electronic form for grad response.

You get an email that you have to fax in.