MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Grad Photos carrka General Discussion 7 10-07-2010 08:49 AM
Grad card? Kathy2 Academics 13 02-02-2010 04:05 PM
Grad Card and Grad Response Form Available nh999 MacInsiders Announcements 0 02-02-2010 08:57 AM
Grad photos for Social Science students Kathy2 General Discussion 5 10-02-2009 08:40 AM

Grad Photos

Old 11-18-2010 at 08:00 PM   #1
eycc11

Liked: 7 Times

Grad Photos
I know there was a post last June about grad photos...but does anyone have more detail than this website?

We sign up for a 10-minute slot but according to the FAQs, the sitting fee depends on the sitting option (length, # of poses, etc.)...but it doesn't really mention anything about the cost for how long/for what. I've also heard that we have to take our grad photos in first term so it appears on the composite...is that true?

It'd be great if anyone has more recent info. Thanks!
Old 11-22-2010 at 09:51 AM   #2
AlienSummer

Liked: 55 Times

I don't know about when you have to the pictures taken so they're on the composite, but I imagine it would have to be this semester or by early next semester.

As for any other information, this is what I was given in my confirmation email:

Quote:
Information you need to know:

Nursing Grads At Conestoga College
Photo Session will be in room 2E04 at Conestoga College Doon Campus. see info below for sit fees and attire.
Nursing sit Fee includes 16x20 Class composite and proofs

All McMaster Grads :

Location- McMaster University Student Center
16x20 or 11x14 Faculty class composite. (Faculties choice)

Silver Sitting- $30 8-12 proofs. Traditional and contemporary posing (graduation cap and accessories).

Gold Sitting- $40 12-15 proofs. Traditional and contemporary posing plus photos taken in an outfit you wish to be photographed in for a casual or business look.
McMaster Students that are Doubled Majored pay an additional $10 for a second composite.
MBA STUDENT PHOTOS ONLY: PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU GO TO EITHER THE RJC IN BURLINGTON OR MCMASTER UNIVERSITY, AS YOU HAVE A CHOICE IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHERE YOU BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENT. WHEN SIGNING UP CLICK EITHER RJC OR MCMASTER ALL.

FOR ENVIRONMENTAL PHOTOS ONLY:

Silver Sitting- $20 -8 proofs. Traditional Posing (gown with faculty hood)

Gold Sitting- $25 -12 proofs. Contemporary posing (gown with faculty hood)

The Environmental Photo session is an additional service for the students and cannot be used for yearbook, composites studio photos. Thus you must make an in studio appointment separately as per above.

Your sitting fee can be paid in Cash, Visa, MasterCard or Cheque & Debit this fee is to be paid at the time of your scheduled appointment time.

Please arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment to allow for pre-session activities (touch ups of your hair make up clothing) and to allow yourself preparation time.

Attire- A shirt and tie is required for the gentlemen (preferably white if not a light coloured shirt) and for the ladies a collared blouse or a scoop shirt (a higher placed necklace with the scoop neck looks the best). Bring a change of shirt for your casual photos and any props you may wish to have in your photos.

If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, you may do so through our Web site 24hrs prior to your scheduled appointment. APPOINTMENTS BOOKED OR CHANGED WITHIN A 24HR PERIOD MUST BE MADE THROUGH OUR STUDIO @ 905 525 9140 EX:26222.

Thanks!
Lifetouch Prestige Grad Team

McMaster University
3345 Main Street West
Hamilton, Ontario L8S 4L8
http://www.lifetouch.com/appointment...steruniversity
905-525-9140 x26222

eycc11 says thanks to AlienSummer for this post.
Old 11-23-2010 at 12:05 AM   #3
cellphone

Liked: 5 Times

basic sitting fee only includes the basic shots. if you want casual shots as well, with outfit changes, you need to pay more.

by the way, when you order the photos they end up costing around 200 bucks or more.

i took my photos in 2nd semester and i was still on the composite. check the email for the faculty specific date. Make sure you write your name clearly. they make mistakes sometimes and when they do, tell them ASAP.

gluck

eycc11 says thanks to cellphone for this post.
Old 11-23-2010 at 03:35 PM   #4
shockalot

Liked: 11 Times

November-December seem to be full and I can't access January online - ugh, i hope I'm not too late
Old 11-23-2010 at 03:44 PM   #5
eycc11

Liked: 7 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockalot View Post
November-December seem to be full and I can't access January online - ugh, i hope I'm not too late
I believe the sign-up for appointments appear a couple weeks before the actual appointments, so if you're looking for January appointments, they'll probably be available by mid-December.