MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Taking Grad School Pre Reqs in Summer School? ChhabrN Academics 2 01-01-2013 12:34 AM
Grad School at MAC AztekEscobar Academics 0 08-18-2012 01:37 PM
Question about summer school and grad school apps bruni Academics 4 05-05-2012 07:05 AM
Do You Want to Go to Grad School? lorend Academics 5 10-25-2010 12:19 AM
Grad school xo.monica First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 33 12-28-2009 08:46 PM

Grad School Help!

Old 09-07-2014 at 02:25 PM   #1
JamesMonroe

Liked: 0 Times

Grad School Help!
Due to some hard times, my marks for third year weren't the greatest to say the least. Ended up with a 6.80.

Now I had lost hope at getting into Graduate school at MAC however I just read the requirements for the program I want to get into (Neuroscience) and it says: Minimum B+ average in the final year of studies.

So does this mean they will solely look at grades taken in my last year while completely ignoring the rest?
Old 09-07-2014 at 02:56 PM   #2
AnimeGamer31

Liked: 27 Times

Your best option would be to contact admissions office and check what exactly they mean. But usually, that is what it means: some grad schools will look at your marks from the last 2 years or last year. Double check if you have taken summer or online courses.

JamesMonroe says thanks to AnimeGamer31 for this post.
Old 09-08-2014 at 01:24 AM   #3
mike4

Liked: 26 Times

As mentioned above I would definitely verify with the department. Nonetheless, I would not get too discouraged. Try and make up for it in your final year. The application process works on a rolling admission, accepting students until they fill a quota making spots competitive.

A word of advice, having a supervisor keen on taking you will help you tremendously and would likely help your third year get overlooked. In other words, start looking and good luck!

JamesMonroe says thanks to mike4 for this post.
Old 09-08-2014 at 12:55 PM   #4
ashleighp
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 126 Times

If they say that they only look at your final year, I would think you're fine (just make sure you've resolved last years problems for this year)!

JamesMonroe says thanks to ashleighp for this post.