MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Anyone dropping KIN 1Y03? Graduating this year and need for grad school! s_muskat Academics 5 07-14-2010 06:17 PM
Grad school xo.monica First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 33 12-28-2009 08:46 PM
Anyone else applying to grad school this year? Kathy2 Academics 4 12-23-2009 12:25 PM
Post Grad Series 3.5: Medical School lorend Post-Graduate Advice Series 7 09-12-2009 09:08 PM
bioscience grad school, canada or US? Mikage Academics 3 06-03-2009 01:34 PM

Grad School open houses

Grad School Open Houses

Full disclosure: I am not a student; I am the AVP & Dean of the School of Graduate Studies (SGS)

Students often ask me and my fellow professors which graduate programs might be best for them, so I wanted to make sure people know that SGS is hosting two open houses for graduate programs this week: Monday, Nov 2 (focus on Business, Humanities, and Social Sciences), and Tuesday, Nov 3 (focus on Engineering, Science, and Health Sciences) - some interdisciplinary programs will be at both. Both open houses are held in MUSC Marketplace, from 10:30-2:30, and everyone is welcome to attend.

Even if you're interested in applying to graduate programs at other Universities (I know not everyone will apply to or come to Mac ;-)) , it may be useful to attend so that you can get an idea of the full range of programs available at top schools, and to get a feel for the range of admissions requirements across programs. We'll have about 45 disciplines represented across the two days, with faculty, staff and students from various programs there to answer questions.

http://www.mcmaster.ca/graduate/poster2009.pdf

Chad, manu, temara.brown all say thanks to deangrad for this post.

manu, Saleha like this.
Published by

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 11-03-2009 at 11:02 PM   #2
deangrad
Faculty: Science
Year: Other

Liked: 10 Times
Thanks to all the undergrad students who came out Monday and Tuesday for the Grad Open Houses, and to all the grad students, faculty, and staff who were available to answer questions. Next up: USRA Poster Session: Nov 11, 12-2, MUSC Marketplace.

Chad, daisy, hope13, temara.brown all say thanks to deangrad for this post.

Chad, feonateresa like this.
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 11-03-2009 at 11:10 PM   #3
deadpool
X-Man
Program: Fighting

Liked: 394 Times
On behalf of students everywhere, thank you for reaching out to the MacInsiders community. This is the first time that a member of the Administration has acknowledged the value of these forums!

temara.brown likes this.
Old 11-04-2009 at 12:21 AM   #4
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Communication Studies & Multimedia
Year: Alumni

Liked: 1,731 Times
Thank you for contributing to the MacInsiders community! It is an honor to have a member of university Administration in such a respected position as yours utilizing the site! We look forward to working with you to help promote more events and help inform the students of McMaster.

Best regards,
Chad Fullerton
President, MacInsiders

temara.brown says thanks to Chad for this post.

Old 11-04-2009 at 08:29 PM   #5
deangrad
Faculty: Science

Liked: 10 Times
Thanks to all the macinsiders who made me feel so welcome in posting this, despite my non-student status. I think it made a big difference in the turnout for our open houses, and the forum clearly is a wonderful way for students to connect in general. Many, many years ago, back when I was an undergraduate, we could rely only on physical (not virtual) message boards, a monthly student newspaper, and bathroom graffiti to share information. MacInsiders is far superior ;-)

temara.brown likes this.
Old 11-04-2009 at 08:33 PM   #6
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff
Program: BA (Hons) CSCT and Anthropology, BA (Hons) English & Indigenous Studies
Year: Alumni
Residence: Whidden

Liked: 507 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deangrad View Post
we could rely only on physical (not virtual) message boards, a monthly student newspaper, and bathroom graffiti to share information.
gotta love bathroom graffiti, lol.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search