MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
English 1AA3 Summer Grades Released jhan523 Academics 7 08-16-2010 10:09 AM
OSAP Aid Estimator Released Lois MacInsiders Announcements 5 06-05-2010 10:07 PM
When will the 10-11 timetable be released? Kathy2 Academics 11 05-26-2010 09:28 PM
Timetables released! blackdragon Academics 156 08-19-2009 02:52 PM
Marks Have Been Released! lorend MacInsiders Announcements 4 05-01-2008 03:23 PM

Grades Have Been Released!

Old 12-27-2009 at 06:48 PM   #15
saukalra
Elite Member

Liked: 18 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjuaristi View Post
And is there anyway to discuss your mark with your professor? Because I got a really low mark in one of the courses I was taking and I want to know if there's a way to discuss the final exam with the professor and see if I can make the mark be higher.
You can email your prof to book an appointment to see/discuss your final exam.

jjuaristi likes this.

Old 12-27-2009 at 07:15 PM   #16
sniderj
Elite Member

Liked: 177 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macbaby07 View Post
what happens if one of your courses in second semester requires that you pass the previous one in semester one but you actually failed it.

i.e. because u failed the course first semester you technically cant take it second semester cuz u wont be allowed

does that show up on solar? or on your timetable as a conflict?
You will know if you failed the course by whether or not you get a 0 on your grade report. If you fail, you can't take the next course. Don't count on SOLAR to tell you anything. There may be no warning that you can't take the course, but eventually someone will catch on that you took the course when you weren't allowed to. You may end up wasting a good portion of your term before it's caught.

You should at least make an appointment with your Academic Programs Office to see if there is a way to get a waiver. If not, drop the course.

Old 12-27-2009 at 08:59 PM   #17
Tleilaxu

Liked: 10 Times
What's shocking is that during the summer for Organic Chemistry, i remember that Organic Chem 2 was WAIVED so that i could take it on Solar. This pretty much meant that i could take the course without taking Organic Chem 1 because 4 days after our exam, Orgo 2 started and by the time we got our final marks i believe the drop date could have possibly been over, and in the summer they are alot less likely to give you refunds for courses (I remember something like 95 percent refund if you drop 5 days before the first day of class, and its just downhill from there).

All in all, in the summer im sure there were a few who could've gotten credits in Chem 2OB3 while having failed Chem 2OA3.

Old 12-27-2009 at 10:48 PM   #18
sniderj
Elite Member

That type of waiver is only applied BECAUSE you are trying to take the course before marks come out. They check the marks when they come out, and notify students with waivers if they are no longer eligible to take the course.

Old 12-28-2009 at 01:57 AM   #19
Tleilaxu

Liked: 10 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniderj View Post
That type of waiver is only applied BECAUSE you are trying to take the course before marks come out. They check the marks when they come out, and notify students with waivers if they are no longer eligible to take the course.
But then how does the mentary issue work? They specifically say that no refunds are given after a week into the course.

Old 12-28-2009 at 06:53 AM   #20
sgreen

Liked: 0 Times
hey .. when do grades have to be released?? ... ive still only seen 2 :s

Old 12-28-2009 at 09:21 AM   #21
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgreen View Post
hey .. when do grades have to be released?? ... ive still only seen 2 :s
Technically they don't have to post your grades until the final grades. Interim grades for term 1 courses can be posted anywhere between december 23rd and april 9th.

Final grades are posted on May 31st (may 14th for graduating students)

All this info can be found when you check your grades, it's the first page before you login.

Old 12-28-2009 at 10:04 AM   #22
macbaby07
Elite Member

Liked: 54 Times
if in first year you finish with 21 credits but you need 24 credits to get into a second year program can you make up for the 3 credits over summer school ?

Old 12-28-2009 at 11:48 AM   #23
Oozy

Liked: 0 Times
grades
hey, i was wondering if grades are still being posted or the school is closed and we're gonna have to wait till jan 4th.

thx.

Old 12-28-2009 at 12:36 PM   #24
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times
I'm pretty sure we have to wait until January 4th now. :/

Old 12-28-2009 at 03:58 PM   #25
sniderj
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tleilaxu View Post
But then how does the mentary issue work? They specifically say that no refunds are given after a week into the course.
Excellent question... I don't know... I'm not a doctor... I would hope they would give you some exception, but then again, if you're at risk of failing a course, they may see it as taking the risk upon yourself signing up for the next course before you know for sure you meet the prerequisites. The world of McMaster Administration is a confusing, convoluted thing which defies analysis even by those who established it...

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search