MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
convocation cellphone Academics 7 05-30-2010 09:11 AM
Convocation Duration Lois Academics 1 05-29-2010 06:55 AM
Airtime cards jjuaristi Computers & Tech 3 01-28-2010 12:47 PM
Graduation Convocation & Reception Allan General Discussion 14 06-13-2009 05:59 AM
Attention Those Graduating in Spring Convocation lorend MacInsiders Announcements 2 03-10-2009 07:10 AM

Graduation Cards for Spring Convocation

If you want to graduate at convocation this spring, you MUST fill out your graduation card by FRIDAY MARCH 26TH.

Here is the link: http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /convocation/gradcard.html

Graduation Response Forms are not due to be completed until May 24th. You can find out more information about convocation here:
http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /convocation/fees.html
Published by
MacInsiders VP

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 03-24-2010 at 10:37 PM   #2
Bobble
Faculty: Arts & Science
Year: Fourth

Liked: 33 Times
Do you get any confirmation when you fill out your grad card? I filled mine out a very long time ago and I never received any sort of confirmation that everything's in order.
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 03-25-2010 at 09:32 AM   #3
nh999
Elite Member
Program: Physiology
Year: Alumni

Liked: 15 Times
No I didn't get any confirmation either.

I think the only "confirmation" you get is that if you try to log back in, it will tell you that you have submitted info already, and if you need to make changes you need to the Registrar's Office (or some other administrative department maybe).

Bobble says thanks to nh999 for this post.
Old 03-25-2010 at 04:48 PM   #4
NikiReczek
Year: Second

Liked: 0 Times
I just got an e-mail today saying I haven't filled out a Grad Card even though I did so a day after it was made available. I realized maybe it was because I'm doing a double major in English and Multimedia and so I have to do one for both but when I filled out the form again and hit 'Submit' a page came up that said "Server Error in '/gradcard' Application.

I'm not sure if this means it's sent and when I retry submitting it or do the form over again, it still brings this up. Has anyone else encountered this error? It's really tedious considering the due date is tomorrow.

Old 03-25-2010 at 04:51 PM   #5
macculkin
Program: Social Sciences

Liked: 5 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikiReczek View Post
I just got an e-mail today saying I haven't filled out a Grad Card even though I did so a day after it was made available. I realized maybe it was because I'm doing a double major in English and Multimedia and so I have to do one for both but when I filled out the form again and hit 'Submit' a page came up that said "Server Error in '/gradcard' Application.

I'm not sure if this means it's sent and when I retry submitting it or do the form over again, it still brings this up. Has anyone else encountered this error? It's really tedious considering the due date is tomorrow.
Yes, I thought I filled out the card a while ago and the email they sent me said I hadn't filled it out yet... strange.

But yeah, I got that same error message when I tried to fill it out again just now. What are we supposed to do?
Old 03-25-2010 at 04:59 PM   #6
macculkin
Program: Social Sciences

Liked: 5 Times
one more thing....

i also bought 5 tickets to the ceremony. how do i know for sure that this went through if apparently they think my graduation card wasn't filled out??? They charged me for the tickets but now I'm nervous that it won't be in their computer system.

This is the email they sent:
"Our records indicate you have either been “Cleared to Graduate” or are considered a ‘Potential Graduand’ for Spring 2010 Convocation however you have not yet completed a Graduation Information Card. The card informs the Office of the Registrar how you wish your name to appear on your diploma and/or to apply for a Minor.

Please fill out the Graduation Information Card by April 30, 2010. If you do not complete the card by the deadline, your name will appear as recorded in our system.

If you wish to attend the ceremony, order guest tickets or have your diploma mailed to you, please fill out the Graduation Response Form by May 6, 2010 if you are a Health Science graduand or May 24, 2010 for all other students."
Old 03-25-2010 at 06:52 PM   #7
Bobble
Faculty: Arts & Science

Liked: 33 Times
I got the same thing, as did my friend. We both had filled it out already. I'm guessing they just sent it to everyone.

Another FUBAR from Mac! I'm glad to be leaving.
Old 03-26-2010 at 08:01 AM   #8
nh999
Elite Member
Program: Physiology

Liked: 15 Times
I tried logging into the Grad Info Card thing just now, and got the same "Server Error" thing. I think the server is actually down right now. Wow...typical Mac style though. Let's crash on the day this thing is due -__-".

However, I never got this email you guys are talking about...does that mean mine went through? I have no idea O.O...

EDIT:
Okay...I take that back (partially).

I just got that email you guys were talking about too! I'm pretty sure it's being sent as a general email to ALL potential graduates.

Last edited by nh999 : 03-26-2010 at 10:14 AM.
Old 03-26-2010
nh999
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 03-26-2010 at 06:06 PM   #9
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff
Program: BA (Hons) CSCT and Anthropology, BA (Hons) English & Indigenous Studies
Residence: Whidden

Liked: 507 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nh999 View Post
I tried logging into the Grad Info Card thing just now, and got the same "Server Error" thing. I think the server is actually down right now. Wow...typical Mac style though. Let's crash on the day this thing is due -__-".

However, I never got this email you guys are talking about...does that mean mine went through? I have no idea O.O...

EDIT:
Okay...I take that back (partially).

I just got that email you guys were talking about too! I'm pretty sure it's being sent as a general email to ALL potential graduates.
I never received said email...

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 03-26-2010 at 10:25 PM   #10
caroline54
Program: Honours Life Science

Liked: 10 Times
I got the email too .. I filled out the grad card last week.
Old 03-26-2010 at 10:45 PM   #11
FireDragoonX
Elite Member
Faculty: Business / Commerce

Liked: 142 Times
if I choose not to go to the convocation, do you still get your degree and any awards you would've received if you went?
Old 04-19-2010 at 11:49 PM   #12
steve7680768
Faculty: Other
Year: Other

Liked: 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline54 View Post
I got the email too .. I filled out the grad card last week.
I still didn't get any email...
What I should have to do..?
Should I have to contact with the university?
Old 04-19-2010 at 11:50 PM   #13
sniderj
Elite Member
Faculty: Business / Commerce
Year: Fifth

Liked: 177 Times
You're probably WAY too late now. Are you graduating this year?
Old 04-20-2010 at 12:27 AM   #14
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff
Program: BA (Hons) CSCT and Anthropology, BA (Hons) English & Indigenous Studies
Residence: Whidden

Liked: 507 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDragoonX View Post
if I choose not to go to the convocation, do you still get your degree and any awards you would've received if you went?
You either have to pick up your diploma or their mail it to you (the latter with a fee). I'm not sure what happens with awards, though.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search