MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GrooveShark - free online database of ALL songs Alvand Computers & Tech 15 02-06-2010 06:26 AM

Grooveshark

Old 09-18-2010 at 07:09 PM   #1
Yakattack
Chatbot 2.0

Liked: 80 Times

Grooveshark
I donno how much this will help people.

For those that do not like downloading music, want something random or just want to listen to music

Ive been using grooveshark for a while, its basically the youtube or music
You write the band you want, and you get a list of all their songs and you put it in a play list and it just streams, there is also a radio feature for those that want "random" music.

Thought I would just share as most people havent heard of grooveshark

adam7takeo, Jellybeanz all say thanks to Yakattack for this post.

Marlowe likes this.
Old 09-18-2010 at 07:16 PM   #2
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

One of my favourite services online, I love grooveshark!

Two useful little things:

The ChromeShark extension adds some really simple control buttons (pause/play, stop, previous and next) to Google Chrome, so that you can stay in one tab and still have some control over your music. There's probably a Firefox equivalent.

Rumpus is a neat little program that lets you Scrobble music to your Last.fm profile that you listen to in Grooveshark. If that's your thing.

Yakattack says thanks to Marlowe for this post.
Old 09-18-2010 at 07:33 PM   #3
Yakattack
Chatbot 2.0

Liked: 80 Times

ah, may need to find the firefox version of Chromeshark, sounds very usefull
Old 09-18-2010 at 07:50 PM   #4
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times

Grooveshark are also the creators of a site called "loudcrowd" where you can listen to techno/dance as you play a game that's pretty similar to DDR. n.n

I hope grooveshark remains free though, and doesn't take the Last fm route.
Old 09-19-2010 at 09:42 AM   #5
Alvand

Liked: 38 Times

I love grooveshark! However, they deleted a couple of my favorite playlists!!

Cootes Paradise Club Leader
MacTV Executive Producer