MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Solar Help! jennjennifuh First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 07-02-2012 09:23 PM
SOLAR help jovanaj First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-02-2012 06:04 PM
IMP solar shaf First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 06-27-2012 09:49 AM
Couldn't get a course on SOLAR peace Academics 5 06-13-2012 11:15 AM
solar help jon.john23 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 07-09-2010 09:43 AM

Grrr Solar?!

Old 08-09-2012 at 01:13 PM   #1
karsyliss

Liked: 5 Times

Grrr Solar?!
Is SOLAR open tomorrow as well? Cause honestly by the looks of it I don't think I'm going to get in and also I'm running kinda low on patience, meh.
Old 08-09-2012 at 01:15 PM   #2
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

Do we really need to keep making new threads for people complaining about SOLAR? The constant new threads are just as annoying as trying to actually get on SOLAR

L'Étoile says thanks to Chris23 for this post.

L'Étoile likes this.
Old 08-09-2012 at 01:17 PM   #3
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

They're yung'ins. Let em be.

Philipp31 likes this.
Old 08-09-2012 at 01:23 PM   #4
-Ish-

Liked: 56 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsyliss View Post
Is SOLAR open tomorrow as well? Cause honestly by the looks of it I don't think I'm going to get in and also I'm running kinda low on patience, meh.
Yes /12chars.

/closethread.
Old 08-09-2012 at 01:23 PM   #5
Chris23
Account Locked

Still doesnt change the annoyance that arises from the numerous threads, all with the same "omg i hate SOLAR" chatter.

-Ish-, L'Étoile, lifesciman1 like this.
Old 08-09-2012 at 03:38 PM   #6
chryslad

Solar stays open for a pretty long time now.

I try and make whatever changes I need on the first day it opens, because that's when things are being added/dropped the most. I mean, people are always going to be adding/dropping courses, but you're more likely to succeed at timetable changes today. Don't stress though, 90% of the time you can make the changes eventually, even if not on the first day.
Old 08-09-2012 at 03:42 PM   #7
Chris23
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by chryslad View Post
Solar stays open for a pretty long time now.

I try and make whatever changes I need on the first day it opens, because that's when things are being added/dropped the most. I mean, people are always going to be adding/dropping courses, but you're more likely to succeed at timetable changes today. Don't stress though, 90% of the time you can make the changes eventually, even if not on the first day.
Could you explain the process involved to come to the conclusion of 90%
Old 08-09-2012 at 03:45 PM   #8
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris23 View Post
Well whether to just show up to a different tutorial/lecture section, or emailing the department, I have yet to not get the best schedule of what I can work with. As for 90%, he is just omnipotent
Old 08-09-2012 at 03:51 PM   #9
BlackSheepWa

Liked: 16 Times

See my thread here how to get in quicker.

I got in 4 times in the last hour, for myself, my sister and friends. Others had success and said so on the thread.

http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...63318& page=2

karsyliss says thanks to BlackSheepWa for this post.
Old 08-10-2012 at 11:07 AM   #10
chryslad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris23 View Post
I've gotten into every class I've wanted in to in the past 4 years. If you check often then things usually open up. If that doesn't work, you e-mail the department, come up with good excuses for why you want to take it, and they usually open a spot for you, especially if it's a first/second year course. If you don't check often, then obviously your odds are going to be lower for getting a spot...

Maybe it's just the type of courses I take, or I got lucky, but I've gotten into every class I've wanted by doing either of those two things. I could see it being different with larger programs/classes with fewer spots though.

Both people who commented on my post are in Engineering... I'm in Humanities so obviously things are going to vary between subjects.