Solar! luxhydrus Academics 2 08-11-2010 11:07 PM
Solar Help Help Help Help mcmaster0812 Academics 8 06-09-2010 10:55 PM
solar Theexe1 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 07-10-2009 08:09 AM

Solar Help!

Old 06-28-2012 at 07:36 AM   #1
jennjennifuh

Liked: 0 Times

Solar Help!
So I finally got into SOLAR last night after a long time. I was able to get all my subjects registered and saved but it wouldn't let me choose the Core/Lab/Tutorials for any of my HTH SCI or NURSING subjects :S (I tried to remove and add it again but I was left back in the same position. I also tried to modify it but it also wouldn't let me)

Someone please tell me what do I can do?

Thanks!
Old 06-28-2012 at 07:38 AM   #2
MalK

It won't allow you to do that just now...so when it reopens in August I believe you can switch them around cause it'll let you. Or maybe you can try a few days later...after all the deadline is 2 July is it not?
Old 06-28-2012 at 07:39 AM   #3
ricechrispy

Liked: 9 Times

Oh, for now, that's all you can do on SOLAR. Sometime later in August, you'll be able to choose your Cores/Labs/Tuts.

edit: ^ ahh beat me to it
Old 06-28-2012 at 08:47 AM   #4
jennjennifuh

agh okay ._."

I guess I'lll wait until then / try every other day until August if anything!
This is just very frustrating though lol it was already rattling enough to try to get onto SOLAR the moment it opened up and now this! lol

Thanks though!

**edit: btw my 7 day course selection period ends on Jul 4. So I guess after that, I'd have to wait until August when SOLAR opens up for everyone?
Old 06-28-2012 at 10:02 AM   #5
Watoko
Elite Member

Liked: 126 Times

You will be automatically slotted into cores/labs/tutorials sometime in August. After that, the battle begins for people who wants to switch these sections.
Old 06-28-2012 at 10:35 AM   #6
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

Why are there at least 5 different posts for solar problems that are all the exact same? ONE THREAD!!!

nerual says thanks to Chris23 for this post.
Old 06-30-2012 at 02:27 PM   #7
glung11

You cant choose your cores, labs or tutorials yet. You have to wait until everyone chooses their courses, so probably in August
Old 06-30-2012 at 02:58 PM   #8
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

I highly recommend reading that stickied post on the front page (www.macinsiders.com) below all the links to the forum threads. A lot of those articles will address a lot of your concerns and make this whole process a lot smoother. Good luck!

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 06-30-2012 at 05:46 PM   #9
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

SOLAR will re-open again July 9th, for people who just want to switch courses (i.e. a course you weren't able to get into previously). But after it closes on July 30, it'll re-open Aug 7th with your assigned sections after which, you can go in and switch them to cores/labs/tutorial sections you want on August 9th. Check Chad's post here about all the important dates to stay up-to-date on everything.
Old 07-02-2012 at 08:49 PM   #10
hamza4000

Liked: 1 Time

I got a similar question about SOLAR. Later on will it generate timetable for us or do we have to look at the undergraduate calendar? Because I have two courses that are on the same time when I check there. On solar it doesn't indicate any conflicts and says all pass. PLEASE HELP
Old 07-02-2012 at 08:53 PM   #11
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamza4000 View Post
I got a similar question about SOLAR. Later on will it generate timetable for us or do we have to look at the undergraduate calendar? Because I have two courses that are on the same time when I check there. On solar it doesn't indicate any conflicts and says all pass. PLEASE HELP
A timetable will be generated.
At this point, SOLAR won't be checking for time conflicts. It checks to see if you have the prereqs and whatnot. I don't remember if it ever checks for time conflicts. That responsibility tends to fall to the student. If you have two courses at the same time, that's a problem that you need to rectify.

hamza4000 says thanks to nerual for this post.
Old 07-02-2012 at 08:53 PM   #12
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

It will generate a timetable for you and try to resolve all conflicts if possible. If there is another core or section that you can enroll in to avoid the conflict, it will do that instead. If SOLAR cannot resolve the conflicts, you will be required to. In Science at least, you cannot be enrolled in a conflict. The Associate Dean's office will contact you personally later in the term if school starts, classes start and you are still enrolled in a conflict.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

hamza4000 says thanks to goodnews.inc for this post.
Old 07-02-2012 at 08:58 PM   #13
hamza4000

Alright cool because I had theatres and films on the same time as sociology 1a06 in term 2 and I can't take that course then because other times won't work. Same for English 1cs3 in term 1 which I had to move to evening. I know this is off-topic but would you guys suggest any easy electives for first year because I really need multimedia 1BO3E and world religions 1b06 but both are full. Will there be a chance for them to open?
Old 07-02-2012 at 09:23 PM   #14
hamza4000

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamza4000 View Post
Alright cool because I had theatres and films on the same time as sociology 1a06 in term 2 and I can't take that course then because other times won't work. Same for English 1cs3 in term 1 which I had to move to evening. I know this is off-topic but would you guys suggest any easy electives for first year because I really need multimedia 1BO3E and world religions 1b06 but both are full. Will there be a chance for them to open?
I RLY RLY RLY need those two courses (media 1B03E and religions 1b06E)