MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CHINESE classes? paperplanes Academics 28 08-09-2010 02:39 PM
Chinese 1Z06 iceteaa First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-30-2010 04:38 AM
Chinese 1Z06 Linh First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 04-28-2010 04:05 PM
Chinese 1Z06 Rossclot Academics 5 04-09-2010 02:04 AM
Chinese Kitten Killer! :S huzaifa47 General Discussion 28 07-30-2009 08:22 AM

Hakka Chinese

Old 11-04-2009 at 10:41 PM   #16
Mahratta
Elite Member

Liked: 366 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by marieeeeeee View Post
Szechuan cuisine (another subtype of Chinese food)'s spicy too.... I'm sadly not that fond of really spicy food, but Chinese food is awesome. <3 I have yet to find an awesome Chinese restaurant here in Hamilton. There's one in Westdale (Red Dragon I think), it's okay for Chinese food...but I've had better Chinese food outside Hamilton.
There's a pretty good Sichuan restaurant in Mississauga (Bashu, I think). The unique ingredient they use is the Sichuan peppercorn, and they use it pretty liberally there...good stuff.
Old 11-04-2009 at 11:33 PM   #17
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Quote:
Szechuan cuisine (another subtype of Chinese food)'s spicy too.... I'm sadly not that fond of really spicy food, but Chinese food is awesome. <3 I have yet to find an awesome Chinese restaurant here in Hamilton. There's one in Westdale (Red Dragon I think), it's okay for Chinese food...but I've had better Chinese food outside Hamilton.
Dragon Court?

I had their noodles once when I was missing Asian food. Markham is so much better :\
Old 11-05-2009 at 09:00 AM   #18
marieeeeeee

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Dragon Court?

I had their noodles once when I was missing Asian food. Markham is so much better :\
Yeah! That one! ....and to think I read in a book that Canada's supposed to have awesome Chinese food.....I guess it depends where exactly then :(
Old 11-05-2009 at 11:51 AM   #19
cowpuppy

Liked: 14 Times

Quote:
Yeah! That one! ....and to think I read in a book that Canada's supposed to have awesome Chinese food.....I guess it depends where exactly then :(
Only in the GTA and in Vancouver.
Old 11-07-2009 at 11:43 AM   #20
hollie012

Liked: 2 Times

MMMMMMMMM
Although the spicy chinese food here isn't that traditional.....
It's ok if you're craving for some pretty spicy food....

There's one called Sparkle... It's at.. 165 King St. East
There's also one across from Jackson Square (near Harvest Moon if anyone knows where that is lol)

Both aren't bad I guess...
Old 11-07-2009 at 03:55 PM   #21
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew12 View Post
I seriously was born into the wrong cultural background. I'm super white bread Canadian for generations and generations but I love super spicy foods. I love, love, love Jamaican and Trinidadian food but I just don't know where to get it and obviously my family doesn't make it. We used to have Trinidadian neighbours and I ate over there a few times and I have a Trinidadian aunt and she got us take out from a Caribbean restaurant some time and it was amazing. There was like this extra spicy sauce she got, she figured no one else would try but I did and it was the best.

Spicy/hot everything is my favourite. If it were up to me all food would be super hot and spicy and delicious.

Roti is amazing btw, love it.

I need to get some more ethnic friends to eat with, lol.
You need to hit up Toronto! There are tons of Jamaican restaurants that have really good spicy food. There's one called Albert's which is at St. Clair & Vaughn in the west-end, near Bathurst St. And restaurants in the Oakwood/Vaughn/Eglinton area have lots of Jamaican-style restaurants.