MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Some of the Best Movies Just Aren't From Around Here mike_302 Movies & Television 33 04-15-2010 01:46 AM
Baw Movies lawleypop Movies & Television 69 12-15-2009 02:25 AM
Nightmare on ELM site -.-" mumbojumbo General Discussion 12 10-13-2009 08:00 PM
New student fee for movies? DannyV General Discussion 130 10-26-2008 01:43 PM

Halloween Project: Watch ALL Nightmare-On-Elm-Street movies!

Old 10-28-2010 at 06:58 PM   #16
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdelaisAer View Post
Uhh....okay. Few things.

1. Yes, I will watch all of these, alones, in a dark room, IF I CAN GET ALL OF THOSE MOVIES TO BEGIN WITH. ANYONE WANT TO HELP?

2. The only movie EVER to scare me (and I have seen literally hundreds of horror movies) was Dead Silence.

3. I forgot what my third point was going to be...so instead, I'll say this: ME GO PEE PEE IN YOUR COKE.

EDIT: I remember what my third point was going to be: I want to watch all of these NOT to be scared, but to...watch...them? I heard the general story behind Freddie (his mother raped in a hospital or something, and he got burned or whatever?), but I want to actually see all of them and study his behaviour. Yeah, I know. It sounds stupid, but I find it fun, so stfu.

ALSO: The Ring was more sad than it was scary, to be honest; I felt sorry for Samara. Also, The Grudge was hilarious. How the hell did people find it scary... Same with Shutter.
You already said you won't torrent/stream them. What else do you want us to say? Your only other option is to rent or -shudder- buy them.

Side note: The Ring and the Grudge are the most PATHETIC movies I've ever seen. I actually want to punch anyone in the face who thought they were "scary" (or any variation of the word).

Especially when they saw it was teens/older.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 10-28-2010 at 07:12 PM   #17
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Liked: 202 Times

Old 10-28-2010 at 08:01 PM   #18
AdelaisAer
Legendary Survivor

Liked: 118 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
You already said you won't torrent/stream them. What else do you want us to say? Your only other option is to rent or -shudder- buy them.

Side note: The Ring and the Grudge are the most PATHETIC movies I've ever seen. I actually want to punch anyone in the face who thought they were "scary" (or any variation of the word).

Especially when they saw it was teens/older.
Was making it clear for that one guy.

And I'll end up renting them probably, since I don't know anyone I can borrow them from. And no, I am not buying them. -shudders also-

I agree. They are nowhere near scary.
Old 10-28-2010 at 08:04 PM   #19
Needlenose
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 27 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWalker View Post
Ooh, I LOVE "Silence of the Lambs." One of my favourite movies. Clarice Starling's story about the lambs was pretty sad/disturbing.

I don't know what was so scary about "Dead Silence." It was a pretty average horror movie with a stupid twist. Nothing too memorable. Not scary.

"Paranormal Activity" really scared me. One horror movie that I couldn't stomach was "Audition." It was ****ed up.
Old 10-28-2010 at 08:08 PM   #20
AdelaisAer
Legendary Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needlenose View Post
Ooh, I LOVE "Silence of the Lambs." One of my favourite movies. Clarice Starling's story about the lambs was pretty sad/disturbing.

I don't know what was so scary about "Dead Silence." It was a pretty average horror movie with a stupid twist. Nothing too memorable. Not scary.

"Paranormal Activity" really scared me. One horror movie that I couldn't stomach was "Audition." It was ****ed up.
Paranormal Activity was stupid. They just filmed it with a normal video camera rather than a movie camera, and suddenly that makes stupid movies scary? Lol...

And Gorey movies don't count as horror; they are just that retarded.

Also, Dead Silence does have a stupid twist, I agree, but it's how they have things popping out almost every minute, and that one scene with the clown...*shudder* HATE CLOWNS.
Old 10-28-2010 at 08:26 PM   #21
Needlenose
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Paranormal Activity was stupid. They just filmed it with a normal video camera rather than a movie camera, and suddenly that makes stupid movies scary? Lol...

And Gorey movies don't count as horror; they are just that retarded.

Also, Dead Silence does have a stupid twist, I agree, but it's how they have things popping out almost every minute, and that one scene with the clown...*shudder* HATE CLOWNS.

Paranormal Activity is one of those movies that really has people divided. I personally thought it wasn't stupid at all. I liked the fact that it wasn't your typical slasher flick with a monster running around killing people off one by one. It wasn't because of the handheld camera that I found the movie scary. In fact, shaky cameras give me a headache. I liked the build up of suspense. I was dreading the moments when the time slowed down on their camera. And as crazy as it sounds, it seemed so realistic. I could just imagine hearing THUMP THUMP THUMP noises coming up the stairs while I slept at night!

"Audition" actually is considered a horror movie. It definitely elicited a lot of horror in me! Not all horror movies have a supernatural entity.
Old 10-28-2010 at 08:28 PM   #22
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Paranormal Activity was ridiculous. Same with Fourth Kind.
Honestly, standards these days... down the drain.

Old 10-28-2010 at 08:36 PM   #23
Needlenose
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Paranormal Activity was ridiculous. Same with Fourth Kind.
Honestly, standards these days... down the drain.
Why did you think it was ridiculous? It certainly isn't the best horror movie ever made, but I thought it was enjoyable and a nice alternative to the stupid slasher flicks/remakes that come out every year.

Which horror movies do you like?
Old 10-28-2010 at 08:38 PM   #24
AdelaisAer
Legendary Survivor

Someone should make a real horror movie. I'd pay them a million bucks, plus a golden banana.
Old 10-28-2010 at 08:43 PM   #25
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Liked: 202 Times

What you guys fail to realize is the point Paranormal Activity proved. They made it on a cheap-ass budget without much special equipment, yet it was so realistic in terms of the setting. It shows you that it's not special effects that makes a horror. It's easy to make a horror so long as you associate it so closely to everyday life that you think it's real. And that's why so many people thought that the movie was actually real. The fact that it was filmed like a documentary brings the point across...the point that it wasn't meant to scare you during the movie as much as it was meant to scare you after watching it, alone in bed at night. I have to admit...I was pretty jumpy. I heard stuff that wasn't there.

And yes, Silence of the Lambs was the best horror//thriller ever. It had such a solid story, and made you so nervous and tense without having to make you 'jump' even once during the entire movie.

Needlenose says thanks to SilentWalker for this post.

Needlenose likes this.
Old 10-28-2010 at 08:45 PM   #26
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needlenose View Post
Why did you think it was ridiculous? It certainly isn't the best horror movie ever made, but I thought it was enjoyable and a nice alternative to the stupid slasher flicks/remakes that come out every year.

Which horror movies do you like?
I literally enjoy all horror movies, regardless of how stupid I say they are. I just like that genre.

But to be more specific? Cube is AWESOME. More specifically, the first one. Also Canadian, I believe (big shocker there, lol)

House on Haunted Mansion? or something. Don't remember it too much.
And something with 13 in the title. And a glass house. Or something.

Old 10-28-2010 at 08:52 PM   #27
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
House on Haunted Hill, and 13 Ghosts?
Old 10-28-2010 at 08:55 PM   #28
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
House on Haunted Hill, and 13 Ghosts?
Yep. Lol. I'm not good with titles.

Old 10-28-2010 at 08:56 PM   #29
AdelaisAer
Legendary Survivor

Quote:
I literally enjoy all horror movies, regardless of how stupid I say they are. I just like that genre.

But to be more specific? Cube is AWESOME. More specifically, the first one. Also Canadian, I believe (big shocker there, lol)

Saw all three Cube films. I have to agree that the First one was way better than the other two.

Never heard of; is it good?
Old 10-28-2010 at 08:58 PM   #30
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Saw all three Cube films. I have to agree that the First one was way better than the other two.

Never heard of; is it good?
Reeves posted the titles above.
I dunno about good, but I remember enjoying them some 8-9 odd years ago.