MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tornado Watch for Hamilton karna General Discussion 6 08-25-2011 09:47 PM
where do you watch tv shows? macbaby07 General Discussion 20 04-03-2011 12:58 AM
Anyone know where to watch... shes-a-diva* General Discussion 12 01-21-2011 01:44 PM
You NEED to Watch This. mellye Anime & Comic Books 10 09-18-2010 10:46 PM
Watch This! lorend General Discussion 0 10-06-2007 06:25 PM

Hamilton Cop Watch

Old 11-01-2011 at 11:22 PM   #1
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

Hamilton Cop Watch
what the...cops in Hamilton that bad? Seems a bit silly to me. Any of you have problems with cops?

http://hamiltoncopwatch.com

I r Babboon, IqzFendi, vtang like this.
Old 11-01-2011 at 11:28 PM   #2
ZSimon
Elite Member

Liked: 311 Times

For those who don't want to read the website:
Quote:
I would like to smoke weed errday and I know its illegal. But screw cops man, doing their jobs and such. I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE DO WHAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO DO. WHY CAN'T I DO ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES FREELY? #occupyhamilt---- #occupystarbucks #accomplishnothing @someone RT

Afzal, anon491, britb, Faer, Grover, Rudiger like this.
Old 11-01-2011 at 11:55 PM   #3
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

Wait a minute, that's not what the website says...

ikantsepll likes this.
Old 11-02-2011 at 01:34 AM   #4
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times

"Unable to give an answer as to whether sidewalk chalk was a crime, the 3 [cops] instead simply got angry about being filmed."

....these people have too much free time on their hands.

Afzal likes this.
Old 11-02-2011 at 07:46 AM   #5
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

These people are loons, you'll see similar nutjobs participating in useless anti-harper demonstrations in downtown Hamilton, handing out various literature about anarchy, and generally being useless

AmyLia, I r Babboon all say thanks to RyanC for this post.

Afzal, J. Dorey, Rudiger, sadaf like this.
Old 11-02-2011 at 09:46 AM   #6
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

They sure have strangely round and pale faces. Is it just my eyes or do they have thick black makeup on?
Old 11-02-2011 at 12:45 PM   #7
I r Babboon
Account Locked

Liked: 37 Times

Hamilton cops have to deal with so many crackheads. This seems kind of insulting considering the people they have to deal with.

Afzal likes this.
Old 11-02-2011 at 01:08 PM   #8
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

i think after the G8 summit a couple years ago then some people feel it is their duty to protect against police brutality. i never thought of them as being a problem, but some people are just more concerned about it than others

Afzal likes this.
Old 11-02-2011 at 05:17 PM   #9
arathbon
Elite Member

Liked: 307 Times

I'm always of two minds when it comes to stuff like this. On one hand I've know good decent cops and I don't buy into the "The Action program is attempting to criminalize being poor" stuff, but I also know there are severe problems with policing in Hamilton. Wrong people have been arrested (even people who weren't of the same skin colour given by witnesses and who had airtight alibis) and the force will stand by the officers involved. I've also personally been threatened with arrest if I didn't provide ID to police when I was in high school (I was waiting at a bus stop downtown and a police car pulls up and the officer says "You! I need to see some ID or I'm taking you to the station" after I showed ID she drove off, I kinda wish I had been more mature and gotten her car number to make a complaint) Anyways there is no harm in the recording of police activity. If the officers are being reasonable nobody except the people who just straight up hate the police will care about what's on the video, and if they aren't then they need to be held accountable.

AmyLia says thanks to arathbon for this post.

Afzal, husayn12, Lois, RyanC like this.
Old 11-02-2011 at 05:36 PM   #10
husayn12
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 25 Times

Maybe these people are loons ... but cop accountability is never a bad thing ... not all cops are bad but I'm sure many of you have personal experiences (or know people who have had experiences) with cops who feel they are above the law and try to extend their powers beyond what the law provides.

My feeling is that often the cops forget that they are employed by the people to protect the people ...
Old 11-02-2011 at 05:37 PM   #11
husayn12
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 25 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
These people are loons, you'll see similar nutjobs participating in useless anti-harper demonstrations in downtown Hamilton, handing out various literature about anarchy, and generally being useless
Maybe these people are just trying to look out for the pubic ... did you think of that before attacking them and characterizing them as 'loons' ... How about some 'benefit of the doubt' ...
Old 11-02-2011 at 05:46 PM   #12
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by husayn12 View Post
Maybe these people are just trying to look out for the pubic ... did you think of that before attacking them and characterizing them as 'loons' ... How about some 'benefit of the doubt' ...
Oh, I understand looking out for the public and awareness of police brutality, its just that activists from Hamilton tend to always be ignorant; this is not to say there are not legitimate concerns about the way law enforcement behaviour (I say behaviour, not policy) is in Hamilton/Toronto.
Old 11-02-2011 at 09:37 PM   #13
AmyLia

Liked: 28 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by husayn12 View Post
My feeling is that often the cops forget that they are employed by the people to protect the people ...
I just wana point out...cops are only around to "keep the peace" actually...they're only legally obliged to protect in Ontario and BC (in Canada)...initially though, the police force was invented to clean up the mess and protect the peace, not the people...big difference.