MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
You NEED to Watch This. mellye Anime & Comic Books 10 09-18-2010 10:46 PM
What to watch for in September... Chad MacInsiders Announcements 15 08-31-2010 08:22 PM
What does it take for you to watch a movie? lawleypop Movies & Television 56 04-25-2010 06:00 PM
New blog - MSU watch! msupundit General Discussion 28 12-01-2009 10:03 PM
Watch This! lorend General Discussion 0 10-06-2007 06:25 PM

Anyone know where to watch...

Old 01-20-2011 at 10:49 PM   #1
shes-a-diva*

Liked: 18 Times

Anyone know where to watch...
the movie "The Dilemma" or "No Strings Attached" online?
Old 01-20-2011 at 10:52 PM   #2
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

yeah click here

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine

BlakeM, collinbf like this.
Old 01-20-2011 at 10:54 PM   #3
Drizzy
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 47 Times

Double fail those movies arnt even out in theatres yet
Old 01-20-2011 at 11:18 PM   #4
shes-a-diva*

The Dilemma actually is.... and No Strings Attached comes out today.... I've watched certain movies online before that aren't out in theatres yet because someone films the pre-screener... I was just wondering if anyone had watched them online, checked a few movie sites and didn't find links to these movies
Old 01-21-2011 at 03:22 AM   #5
phln3

Liked: 22 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Étoile View Post
yeah click here
Just because Google return results does not mean they exist.

Were you manage to actually find working links of those movies? I skim through the search and most of those sites seems fishy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shes-a-diva* View Post
The Dilemma actually is.... and No Strings Attached comes out today.... I've watched certain movies online before that aren't out in theatres yet because someone films the pre-screener... I was just wondering if anyone had watched them online, checked a few movie sites and didn't find links to these movies
Some movies do get leaked. Does not seems to be the case for these one though.

You can try looking at release sites like VCDquality to verify if there is a source. There are a few more but I can't remember off my head.

The pattern for a movie release on the internet usually goes like this:

i) Movie get release on private server
ii) It then get spread through P2P networks like BitTorrent
iii) Online streaming sites then reduce the quality of the movie and host them

Can't have iii) unless we gets i) first
Old 01-21-2011 at 04:17 AM   #6
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

at most it willl be in ts_vid quality. check warez-bb.org
Old 01-21-2011 at 07:41 AM   #7
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Here
Old 01-21-2011 at 09:26 AM   #8
phln3

Liked: 22 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
The poster wanted online not at a regular theatre.
Old 01-21-2011 at 01:18 PM   #9
shes-a-diva*

I've been frequenting a few online movie sites that have forums and classify movies by year of release and haven't found anything on either of these movies... I guess I just have to wait or keep checking... I actually prefer watching movies online than going to the theatre because theatres are a rip off... Its so expensive with admission and snacks, went a few weeks ago and a friend and me had spent 50$ for the two of us!
Old 01-21-2011 at 01:35 PM   #10
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
I've been frequenting a few online movie sites that have forums and classify movies by year of release and haven't found anything on either of these movies... I guess I just have to wait or keep checking... I actually prefer watching movies online than going to the theatre because theatres are a rip off... Its so expensive with admission and snacks, went a few weeks ago and a friend and me had spent 50$ for the two of us!
Tip 1: Don't buy snacks

Tip 2: See if you can get student discount. I have not checked if McMaster has a student discount deal with theatres but I know UoT does. $8/person for a AMC ticket.

I'm the same way except that I don't watch it online, rather I download it. Downloading it gives better quality and sound.
Old 01-21-2011 at 01:44 PM   #11
shes-a-diva*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLN View Post
Tip 1: Don't buy snacks

Tip 2: See if you can get student discount. I have not checked if McMaster has a student discount deal with theatres but I know UoT does. $8/person for a AMC ticket.

I'm the same way except that I don't watch it online, rather I download it. Downloading it gives better quality and sound.

AMC is not $8/person... Tickets are at least like 15$
Old 01-21-2011 at 01:51 PM   #12
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Quote:
AMC is not $8/person... Tickets are at least like 15$
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLN View Post
Like I stated before, if you were to buy it at UoT as a UoT student, the ticket is $8/person.

I have not verify if McMaster has a similar ticket discount program so hopefully some senior students can fill us in on that.
Old 01-21-2011 at 01:53 PM   #13
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Just to follow up on that, here is UoT site in regard to discounts.