MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
G20 Protest in Toronto follows Sunday Bobby66 General Discussion 6 06-28-2010 12:02 AM
Hamilton-Toronto Commute RyanC Automotive & Transportation 13 05-15-2010 12:22 AM

Hamilton to Toronto on a Sunday?

Old 11-16-2009 at 10:51 AM   #1
Flag

Liked: 35 Times

Hamilton to Toronto on a Sunday?
I just can't figure out the GO website!

Is it possible to get from Hamilton to Toronto and back on Sunday? What's the best way to do it? Who do I contact to get info on this/where do I go to get tickets?
Old 11-16-2009 at 10:54 AM   #2
Maegs
Elite Member

Liked: 26 Times

You could take the bus to burlington, then get the train from either aldershot or fairview. You can put in where you want to go from and to here and get the schedules
Old 11-16-2009 at 11:05 AM   #3
Flag

Liked: 35 Times

How do I get to Burlington? I am seriously so lost, I have never taken public transportation before and don't know what all these numbers and charts and tables and whatnot mean...
Old 11-16-2009 at 11:25 AM   #4
cowcow

Liked: 2 Times

Where in toronto are you trying to get to?
Old 11-16-2009 at 11:32 AM   #5
Maegs
Elite Member

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flag View Post
How do I get to Burlington? I am seriously so lost, I have never taken public transportation before and don't know what all these numbers and charts and tables and whatnot mean...
to get to burlington you'll have to take the bus from either mac or the hamilton go station
Old 11-16-2009 at 12:48 PM   #6
jodievonne

Liked: 0 Times

The easiest way is to go directly from the GO Station downtown. (As there are no GO buses that go from campus to Burlington or Aldershot on weekends.)

There is a direct bus (Hamilton QEW Go Bus) that takes you directly from Hamilton Go to Union Station and vice versa.

Here is the link for the times: http://www.gotransit.com/publicroot/...&station=&new=
If you look at the top of each column it'll tell you the depart time and at the bottom of the column it tells you the arrival time.

Good luck!
Old 11-16-2009 at 01:08 PM   #7
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

If you want to take the QEW express, the closest stop to campus is at King and Dundurn. Its about a 5 minute HSR ride to get there, with no transfers (its easier than going to Hamilton GO).
Old 11-16-2009 at 03:36 PM   #8
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Marlowe View Post
If you want to take the QEW express, the closest stop to campus is at King and Dundurn. Its about a 5 minute HSR ride to get there, with no transfers (its easier than going to Hamilton GO).
Not that much easier. xD

Besides, the thread starter might appreciate the fact that there's people to ask at the Hamilton GO in case he/she gets confused. I know I still go to the Hamilton GO every time I take one of them buses. ;o

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 11-16-2009 at 03:41 PM   #9
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

Really? I takes like another 5-10 minutes to get there, and leaves earlier. I generally just use the GO station on campus and deal with the longer transit time, but King and Dundurn is sooo much more convenient than the GO station.
Old 11-16-2009 at 05:07 PM   #10
kanishka
winning

Liked: 39 Times

i went to toronto and came back last sunday by the QEW Hamilton Express that runs from Hamilton Go Center to Union Station. You have to take an HSR to James St where hamilton go is located.Be careful though, because I returned at night and didn't get down at Columbia College near mac, thinking that I'll take an HSR from Jackson Square, and when I finally got down at Jackson Square, there was no HSR available from there to the University, so I had to take a Cab. So incase you are returning from QEW to hamilton, at around 11pm, get down at Columbia College in order to save 15 bucks...
Old 11-16-2009 at 05:33 PM   #11
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

I also like to go to Hamilton GO Station to take the QEW express. I like to sit down and taking the bus from King & Dundurn is not guaranteed a seat.
Old 11-16-2009 at 05:42 PM   #12
morgan

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flag View Post
I just can't figure out the GO website!

Is it possible to get from Hamilton to Toronto and back on Sunday? What's the best way to do it? Who do I contact to get info on this/where do I go to get tickets?

You can also take the #47 Go Bus to York University. I think it leaves every hour on the half hour eg 1230, 1330, 1430, etc
Old 11-16-2009 at 05:58 PM   #13
mikefung

Liked: 11 Times

Getting QEW bus from King and Dundurn takes around 10 mins bus and another 5-10min walk from Main/Dundurn to King/Dundurn. And its not guaranteed a seat. So I would take the bus from GO station.
Old 11-16-2009 at 09:13 PM   #14
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan View Post
You can also take the #47 Go Bus to York University. I think it leaves every hour on the half hour eg 1230, 1330, 1430, etc
47 buses only leave from downtown on the weekends, if they run at all.

Going to York is a real round-about way to get to T.O. too...

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 11-16-2009 at 09:52 PM   #15
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Unless if the OP lives near York, there's no point in doing that. Fastest way is to take the 5A/51 to Hamilton GO Station, and taking the Hamilton QEW bus straight to Union Station - which is at Bay & Front St.

When getting on the 5A/51, ask the bus driver to let you know when he/she arrives at Hamilton GO, and you'll be fine from there. One way tickets are about 9 dollars and 25 cents now.