MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Protest the McMaster Fridge Policy bcars MacInsiders Announcements 7 08-01-2010 05:42 PM
G20 Protest in Toronto goes out of hand Bobby66 MacInsiders Announcements 121 06-28-2010 09:31 AM
ELM protest .. kind of Kathy2 Computers & Tech 39 01-22-2010 09:16 PM
Hamilton to Toronto on a Sunday? Flag General Discussion 19 11-19-2009 11:03 PM
Protesting the Protest! micadjems General Discussion 239 11-08-2009 11:04 PM

G20 Protest in Toronto follows Sunday

Old 06-27-2010 at 11:24 AM   #1
Bobby66
was offline, but

Liked: 84 Times

G20 Protest in Toronto follows Sunday
The events of yesterday hopefully will not be repeated but apparently that is not the case as this morning violence is already at the door step. [Arrests at University of Toronto]
http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local.../?hub=CP24Home

As well as the peaceful protest infront of the detention centre is turning violent and some sort of smoke gas is released and fired.

Strange news: A bunch of appears to be black bloc protesters are trying to sneak past the green zone (where the g20 leaders reside) by going through the underground sewer systems.
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/toro...mmit-site?bn=1

What do you think will happen next? Will things escalate or will peaceful protest resume?

Last edited by Bobby66 : 06-27-2010 at 11:30 AM.
Old 06-27-2010 at 01:23 PM   #2
andrew22
Account Locked

Liked: 238 Times

the anarchists planned to have autonomous direct action afinity groups out today, and a fireworks show later. so maybe some similar acts if the police havn't rounded up everyone. but so far both sides have shown tons of restraint anyways.

also the anarchists should help with the cleanup, there are no maids here.

Last edited by andrew22 : 06-27-2010 at 01:28 PM.
Old 06-27-2010 at 03:53 PM   #3
IbrahimH

Liked: 13 Times

I think the anarchists are overshadowing the other protests. Here's a little something I'm sure all the G20 news followers will appreciate: http://www.blogto.com/city/2010/06/g...e_and_arrests/

.:callen:. says thanks to IbrahimH for this post.

.:callen:. likes this.
Old 06-27-2010 at 04:16 PM   #4
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbrahimH View Post
I think the anarchists are overshadowing the other protests. Here's a little something I'm sure all the G20 news followers will appreciate: http://www.blogto.com/city/2010/06/g...e_and_arrests/
Damn, protesters are dumber and more sensationalist that I though... when does the summit end and it will be safe to go to Toronto to visit?
Old 06-27-2010 at 04:33 PM   #5
mcmastergcdb
Elite Member

Liked: 89 Times

All the news channels are keep on talking about riots and stuff, but won't give any info on what's going on inside the G20 summit?!? wonder why?

adrian likes this.
Old 06-27-2010 at 11:48 PM   #6
knox

Liked: 15 Times

So did anything cool happen today? I was sort of hoping to see an all out assault on that inner fence, see some sort of G20 D-Day stuff live on CBC, but instead this morning I had Peter Mansbridge babbling about yesterday's events and turned it off.

I also find it funny that even the peaceful protestors waste their time trying to raise awareness about a number of things. Standing around chanting about abortion isn't getting anyone anywhere, not in those nubers, and not at that place. I'd laugh if any of these people went home at night and really thought they made any difference whatsoever.
Old 06-28-2010 at 12:02 AM   #7
andrew22
Account Locked

Liked: 238 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox View Post
So did anything cool happen today? I was sort of hoping to see an all out assault on that inner fence, see some sort of G20 D-Day stuff live on CBC, but instead this morning I had Peter Mansbridge babbling about yesterday's events and turned it off.

I also find it funny that even the peaceful protestors waste their time trying to raise awareness about a number of things. Standing around chanting about abortion isn't getting anyone anywhere, not in those nubers, and not at that place. I'd laugh if any of these people went home at night and really thought they made any difference whatsoever.
3,000,000 à marcher, rien ne bouge! 300,000 à bloquer...? Rejoignez-nous!

- the queen/spadina thing seemed kinda lame (win for the anarchists?).

- I expected way more destruction overall, but it is canada so yah. disappointing (good no one got too badly hurt tho, that isn't the point of it)

-
the mayor and police chief saying blackbloc a hundred times? I guess any publicity is good publicity.
-how many of them were provocateurs? cops cars left out just for them? meh

Last edited by andrew22 : 06-28-2010 at 12:34 AM.