MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Fridge policy changed for 2010-2011! lorend MacInsiders Announcements 13 08-07-2010 06:08 AM
Does this mean they've changed the fridge policy? hitek168 Residence & Housing 11 08-04-2010 04:36 PM
Coldex Fridge Policy - Action Now! (from the IRC) sarrah66 MacInsiders Announcements 10 08-03-2010 08:31 PM
Coldex New Fridge Policy goodnews.inc MacInsiders Announcements 11 07-29-2010 10:53 PM

Protest the McMaster Fridge Policy

Well, I'd love to explain, but it's better if you just read this page.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=1444176 55584833

There's no reason we should have to put up with this crap. I'm a 3rd year Commerce student living in rez, and I'm bringing my own fridge. Check out this event thing to see what other alternatives there are, some commentary, and feel free to join the event if you agree. If you don't agree, or think I'm a jerk (which I am, sometimes) then I encourage debate because I've never once heard a sound argument in favour of this ludicrous policy.
Published by
Elite Member

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 08-01-2010 at 09:25 AM   #2
Theashe
Year: Fourth

Liked: 29 Times
I would be doing the exact same thing if I wasn't loft and bunk, but since I get a fridge anyway, there's no point in bringing extra (though I do have my own). Regardless I do think the new fridge policy is stupid, especially with how sketchy the Coldex website is. http://www.coldexrents.com/

Look at how sketchy the credit card submission page is: https://secure9.securewebexch ange....ster.htm#order

It's a wonder so many universities got sucked into doing business with them when they don't even appear professional at all. I wouldn't feel "secure" giving them my credit card information.

Even if people don't join your group, I bet you a lot of students will sneak their fridges in anyway. Who wants to pay for a rental last minute when they've probably already bought their own?
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 08-01-2010 at 10:10 AM   #3
nerual
Account Disabled by User
Program: Chemical Biology
Residence: Les Prince 08-09

Liked: 345 Times
Sarrah, from the IRC, has started a fb group here: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...2431104&ref=mf which indicates the next steps they're going to take

sarrah66 says thanks to nerual for this post.
Old 08-01-2010 at 11:04 AM   #4
andrew22
Account Locked
Year: First

Liked: 238 Times
don't protest yet (or ever on this issue actually lol) at least wait until irc/msu/sra finds out the results. This is kinda about more than the fridge of course. Other universities have this policy already I believe. This is more about how much say the students really have around here and how useful our student leaders can be when the admin wants something students don't. small issue testing. I guess we'll find out soon.

sarrah66 says thanks to andrew22 for this post.

Old 08-01-2010 at 11:11 AM   #5
nerual
Account Disabled by User
Program: Chemical Biology
Residence: Les Prince 08-09

Liked: 345 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew22 View Post
don't protest yet (or ever on this issue actually lol) at least wait until irc/msu/sra finds out the results. This is kinda about more than the fridge of course. Other universities have this policy already I believe. This is more about how much say the students really have around here and how useful our student leaders can be when the admin wants something students don't. small issue testing. I guess we'll find out soon.
Without the support of the student body, student leaders (such as the irc or msu) have very little to stand on. They're supposed to represent the students, so they need to show that repealing the fridge policy is something that students actually want.

andrew22, sarrah66 all say thanks to nerual for this post.
Old 08-01-2010 at 04:35 PM   #6
bcars
Elite Member
Program: Commerce
Year: Alumni

Liked: 286 Times
I'm not going to stand outside MUSC with a sign and yell "WE WANT A FRIDGE!" with a big sign or anything haha, I'm just going to bring my own fridge and Mac can colloquially suck it.

andrew22 likes this.
Old 08-01-2010 at 04:44 PM   #7
Jayson193
Program: Computer Science
Year: Other

Liked: 2 Times
The page you enter your payment info is only partially encrypted, not to mention it looks like it was designed by an 11 year old.
Old 08-01-2010 at 05:42 PM   #8
Theashe

Liked: 29 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by igob8a View Post
The page you enter your payment info is only partially encrypted, not to mention it looks like it was designed by an 11 year old.
If you say you only want to view secure items, IE cuts out the banner.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search