MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
G20 Protest in Toronto follows Sunday Bobby66 General Discussion 6 06-28-2010 12:02 AM
Hamilton-Toronto Commute RyanC Automotive & Transportation 13 05-15-2010 12:22 AM

Hamilton to Toronto on a Sunday?

Old 11-19-2009 at 01:54 PM   #16
Flag

Liked: 35 Times

Ok, and how can I get back? There's a QEW Express to Toronto, so I'm guessing that there's a QEW Express BACK to Hamilton, right? Anyone know how late it goes?

Also, do I have to buy tickets beforehand, or can I pay the driver?

And is there people at Union Station I can ask about getting back to Hamilton if I'm totally confused?

Thanks so much for all your help, everyone! I'm just kind of worried about getting stuck in Toronto or getting on the wrong bus and ending up in Ottawa or something...
Old 11-19-2009 at 03:06 PM   #17
dabulls

Liked: 14 Times

Here's what you do.... You take the Hamilton-Union Station QEW exrpess bus- It leaves for the most part every 30 minutes from the Go Station on Hunter, and approximately 7 minutes past the half hour from King and Dundurn-

It's 9 bucks each way. There are buses that run on a similar schedule to go back from Toronto.

The bus for the most part is much faster than taking the train and connecting.
http://gotransit.ca/publicroot/en/sc...&station=&new=
Old 11-19-2009 at 03:23 PM   #18
dabulls

Liked: 14 Times

Oh ya you can pay the driver. They can make some change;however, I wouldn't walk up to them with a 50.
Old 11-19-2009 at 06:23 PM   #19
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flag View Post
Ok, and how can I get back? There's a QEW Express to Toronto, so I'm guessing that there's a QEW Express BACK to Hamilton, right? Anyone know how late it goes?

Also, do I have to buy tickets beforehand, or can I pay the driver?

And is there people at Union Station I can ask about getting back to Hamilton if I'm totally confused?

Thanks so much for all your help, everyone! I'm just kind of worried about getting stuck in Toronto or getting on the wrong bus and ending up in Ottawa or something...
No, when you're at Union Station, it's better to buy the tickets before hand. You can ask anyone in a GO uniform questions if you're confused about where to go, they're usually very nice. And yes, there is a QEW express bus back to Hamilton, that leaves every half an hour... I think the last bus is around 11:30 pm or 12:00 am.

If you're going to Toronto and back in one day, you can purchase a "two-way" ticket (a bit less than 20 bucks) when you get on the bus to Toronto... that way you won't have to worry about getting another one when you're coming back.

Last edited by feonateresa : 11-19-2009 at 06:25 PM.
Old 11-19-2009 at 11:03 PM   #20
Infinity
Elite Member

Liked: 90 Times

you can go downtown to catch a go bus.