MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OT - Lebron James signs with the Heat darklink121 Athletics & Recreation 10 07-13-2010 05:16 PM

Hamilton's Supercrawl on James St N

Old 10-06-2009 at 05:23 PM   #1
nancy.chou88

Liked: 0 Times

Hamilton's Supercrawl on James St N
Supercrawl - October 9, 2009 7pm-11

This looks like a cool night of FREE art and music. I'm most excited to see the live bands playing like The Hidden Cameras and Ohbijou. Awsomeness!

Since I didn't get a chance to hit up nuit blanche last weekend in Toronto, this will be perfect chance to get away from schoolwork etc. Plus its the start of Thanksgiving weekend. For those still kicking around Hamilton, definitely go and check it out - I'm staying in Hamilton Friday night for this reason alone.

Is anyone as excited as I am?
Old 10-06-2009 at 05:24 PM   #2
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

HIDDEN CAMERAS <3

They are so good live.
Old 10-06-2009 at 05:25 PM   #3
Alvand

Liked: 38 Times

Yeah I heard about this supercrawl today and I'm definitely gonna go if I am here on Friday! I've been wanting to go to the regular crawls but this one sounds so good I can't miss it!

Can somone who's been to the artcrawl tell us what goes down there?

Cootes Paradise Club Leader
MacTV Executive Producer

Old 10-07-2009 at 05:36 PM   #4
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Sounds cool.

Of course I have a midterm during that time.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 10-07-2009 at 06:38 PM   #5
marieeeeeee

Liked: 26 Times

I've met someone who lives in the Hamilton area (not a Mac student) from what I heard you can go into art galleries for free....she mentioned she got free stuff from some galleries. Would love to go but I won't be around this weekend. xD
Old 10-07-2009 at 07:48 PM   #6
aa84

the artcrwal sounds kool.. where can i get more info?
Old 10-08-2009 at 07:35 AM   #7
nancy.chou88

Here's the website:

http://www.supercrawl.ca/Supercrawl/...Main_Page.html
Old 10-08-2009 at 10:26 PM   #8
EmilySusie

Liked: 18 Times

I have been going to the art crawl for a few years now, it's a really great event! All of the galleries have openings and always have a show to check out, plus performers and other special events going on throughout the night.

The art crawl happens on every second Friday of the month. This month is Supercrawl, a bigger version of what usually goes on. They have permission to block off James St., and there will be three stages with a bunch of free shows, as well as a few afterparty shows and a lot more to check out.

I will be there for a reception for a show I helped organize at Arts Hamilton with the Hamilton Youth Arts Network. We'll be checking out the rest of Supercrawl as a group and anyone is welcome to join us, just meet us at the opening at Arts Hamilton by 8pm and we'll be heading over.

For more info on the show at Arts Hamilton/where to meet us, the Facebook event page: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?ei... 40364&index=1

Supercrawl Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hamilt...5686592?ref=ts

A sampling of some of the bands to be playing: http://8tracks.com/buttercup/supercrawl

Yeah, I am pretty excited.. haha