MacInsiders Logo
Old 07-08-2010 at 10:08 PM   #1
darklink121

Liked: 59 Times

OT - Lebron James signs with the Heat
Hey any basketball fans out there. Just wanted to get your guys insight on lebron signing with the Heat to play with d wade and bosh. There gonna be a young and hard team to beat. I personally think if he wins more championships than kobe or jordan, he still wont be the considered better than those guys on account he had just jumped the bandwagon and took the more easier road as opposed to signing with the nets or bulls. What do you think?
Old 07-08-2010 at 10:15 PM   #2
mcmastergcdb
Elite Member

Liked: 89 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklink121 View Post
Hey any basketball fans out there. Just wanted to get your guys insight on lebron signing with the Heat to play with d wade and bosh. There gonna be a young and hard team to beat. I personally think if he wins more championships than kobe or jordan, he still wont be the considered better than those guys on account he had just jumped the bandwagon and took the more easier road as opposed to signing with the nets or bulls. What do you think?
I don`t think Lebron will go to Miami, if he does than their could be a lot of fuss between the roster in the future. Lebron is more of a one man team not a team player unlike wade or bosh. He is one of those guys who blossom in no star teams, for example, cleveland. I think he will either stay in cleveland or goto knicks because hes close friends with Jay-Z and knicks don`t have any star team players either.
Old 07-08-2010 at 10:18 PM   #3
darklink121

Liked: 59 Times

Dude, he just announced he signed with Miami. And I do agree that he is a 1 man team, however we'll just have to wait and see until they actually play. BTW, see the reaction of this kids face when he found out lebron left.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kpx3SKAwIcI
Old 07-08-2010 at 10:26 PM   #4
mcmastergcdb
Elite Member

Liked: 89 Times

Quote:
Dude, he just announced he signed with Miami. And I do agree that he is a 1 man team, however we'll just have to wait and see until they actually play. BTW, see the reaction of this kids face when he found out lebron left.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kpx3SKAwIcI
lol my bad I just checked.
PS:Haha that video is funny.
But I still think they won`t dominate east. boston got jermaine now. Miami might get spoiled (fn) I wanna see bosh get a ring though. He deserves it.

Last edited by mcmastergcdb : 07-08-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Old 07-08-2010 at 10:46 PM   #5
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
I personally think if he wins more championships than kobe or jordan, he still wont be the considered better than those guys on account he had just jumped the bandwagon
Idk how he ranks in general comparison, since I havent watched basketball since the mid 90s, but I doubt there's any comparison to Jordan in terms of titles. Jordan has a perfect record: 6 trips to the finals, won all 6, and won the finals MVP all 6 times. Kinda hard to top that. That was with a team he almost singlehandedly carried, as evidenced by the teams inability to make it past the conference semis without him during his 2 year break.
Old 07-08-2010 at 11:18 PM   #6
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Wade, Bosh, and LeBron on a single team is just gonna decimate the leage next year, even if they're not team players having three of the best players currently in the NBA on the same team has to count for something.
Old 07-08-2010 at 11:30 PM   #7
cjdzl
G0DFATHER

Liked: 229 Times

I don't think they will win next season, maybe the season after.
Having all three might look amazing , it doesn't always work out as history have proven
ex. Charles Barkley to Houston, when they had Hakeem and Drexler
But this season is going to be amazing
Old 07-08-2010 at 11:52 PM   #8
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

haha that video is jokes
Old 07-09-2010 at 12:40 AM   #9
khaotic

Liked: 18 Times

All of you should read the open letter Dan Glibert (majority owner of Cavs) wrote to Cleveland fans. It's pretty mind blowing if you consider it's an NBA owner saying all of this. It's even more mind blowing that he typed it in all Comic Sans font.

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gi..._100708 .html

The Heat just traded Beasley to the Timberwolves for a 2nd round draft pick too, which will free up cap space for them to fill their 12 player roster, since they only have 4 players right now lol.

I still can't see them beating the Lakers and winning the NBA championship. They're gonna be filling their team with a ton of minimum contracts with the cap space they have.

BTW, watch the lockout completely destroy this roster. hahaha
Old 07-09-2010 at 01:05 AM   #10
PinkSapphire

Liked: 4 Times

Lebron's over-rated. He really is. I'm not a hater, but I find some of the basketball players (CB4 included) are just over-rated. Don't get me wrong, they're good, but ads tend to go even beyond exaggeration.

I mean, it's really cool for him to go to Miami, I honestly think there's the winning team right there. But what I'm trying to say is .. basketball players, in general, are just wayy too over-paid, and I saw it in today's special. I literally sat there in front of the TV just waiting for lebron to say his choice. It was the most annoying time because.. really... a whole hour just for him? Really?

Not hating, but it gave me a sense of awareness that entertainment today.. goes long lengths.
Old 07-13-2010 at 05:16 PM   #11
mudathto

Liked: 9 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
Idk how he ranks in general comparison, since I havent watched basketball since the mid 90s, but I doubt there's any comparison to Jordan in terms of titles. Jordan has a perfect record: 6 trips to the finals, won all 6, and won the finals MVP all 6 times. Kinda hard to top that. That was with a team he almost singlehandedly carried, as evidenced by the teams inability to make it past the conference semis without him during his 2 year break.
That team that he "single-handedly carried" won 52 games without him, and were a bad foul call away from the NBA conference finals and perhaps the NBA finals. The man played alongside the two best defensive players in basketball at the time (Rodman and Pippen) and had the GOAT coach, Phil Jackson. I really do fail to see how Jordan singlehandedly carried his team to the finals when had that type of team.