MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OSAP Flex Plan, help! ohsomel Financial Aid 1 09-19-2010 05:52 PM
What should I pay? (Payment Agreement: Flex Plan - OSAP) SilentWalker Financial Aid 5 08-31-2010 10:41 PM
OSAP and Flex OSAP Plan HELP! knguyens2 Financial Aid 4 08-23-2010 09:40 AM
osap flex payment option Richa Financial Aid 4 08-14-2010 08:48 PM
Health and Dental Plan Opt-Out Deadline TODAY! crucif3x MacInsiders Announcements 1 09-30-2009 02:49 PM

What happens if i dont meet the OSAP Flex plan deadline?

Old 01-11-2011 at 10:07 AM   #1
zachattack

Liked: 0 Times

What happens if i dont meet the OSAP Flex plan deadline?
So what happens if i can't meet this deadline... actually in my case i just went to pick up OSAP today, but they said it would be in my account in a week, which is after the 15th, so if i dont pay until after the 15th, what happens?

any help would be great, thanks!
Old 01-11-2011 at 03:34 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachattack View Post
So what happens if i can't meet this deadline... actually in my case i just went to pick up OSAP today, but they said it would be in my account in a week, which is after the 15th, so if i dont pay until after the 15th, what happens?

any help would be great, thanks!
As usual interest and if you continue to not pay then they'll withold your grades.

Just out of curiosity, why didn't you just forward the money to McMaster?
Old 01-11-2011 at 05:37 PM   #3
zachattack

Liked: 0 Times

i was just wondering cause i got my OSAP today but its not coming in until next week, and the deadline is the 15th, but its okay, i checked with the accounts and cashiers and they said you just pay the difference and you dont need to worry about the rest that you get from osap.
Old 01-11-2011 at 07:40 PM   #4
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachattack View Post
i was just wondering cause i got my OSAP today but its not coming in until next week, and the deadline is the 15th, but its okay, i checked with the accounts and cashiers and they said you just pay the difference and you dont need to worry about the rest that you get from osap.
So as long as you pick up your OSAP and say that you're using it to cover the rest of your tuition, even though the money doesn't make it to the university's account by the 15th you won't get into trouble? I'm kind of in the same boat atm and I'm confused as heck. I ran into some trouble with OSAP and haven't been able to pick it up yet. I'm thinking of sending a cheque/forwarding...but if I send it before the 11th, but the university doesn't process it until after the 15th, am I screwed? Or does interest only start counting at the end of the month...so I kind of have a few days leeway?
Old 01-11-2011 at 08:28 PM   #5
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angoose View Post
So as long as you pick up your OSAP and say that you're using it to cover the rest of your tuition, even though the money doesn't make it to the university's account by the 15th you won't get into trouble? I'm kind of in the same boat atm and I'm confused as heck. I ran into some trouble with OSAP and haven't been able to pick it up yet. I'm thinking of sending a cheque/forwarding...but if I send it before the 11th, but the university doesn't process it until after the 15th, am I screwed? Or does interest only start counting at the end of the month...so I kind of have a few days leeway?
If you forward the money directly from OSAP to McMaster then you'll be fine.