MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Harry Potter & the D.H. Scuderia Movies & Television 50 11-22-2010 12:42 AM
Harry Potter!! Infinity General Discussion 68 07-27-2009 11:14 AM
Harry Potter Fan Commits Suicide After Learning Movie Spoilers!!!! ferreinm General Discussion 43 07-15-2009 06:38 PM
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince lorend General Discussion 36 11-22-2008 04:19 PM

Harry Potter

Old 04-27-2011 at 11:49 PM   #16
paperplanes

Liked: 10 Times

omgsh can't wait !!!
Old 04-27-2011 at 11:53 PM   #17
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faer View Post
Who doesn't? Which is why I'm a bit tired of the HP movies now (Movie 6, anybody? UGH. That Burrow scene was annoying...and they cut out the BEST SNAPE LINE EVER. I still can't get over that).

It makes it harder to anticipate new book adaptations, and I'm really afraid I'm going to get severely disappointed by trusting the people making the Hunger Games adaptation. :/

But anyway, HP.
What the best snape line?
Old 04-28-2011 at 12:35 AM   #18
Scuderia
RocketSaurus

Liked: 110 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilM View Post
I'm going to see it, I just hope it's not another 2 hours of people waiting in the woods
You obviously don't understand that was suppose to represents months of them trying to find horcruxes. Some of those sciences were really beautiful.
Old 04-28-2011 at 12:44 AM   #19
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliu91 View Post
What the best snape line?
"DON'T-" screamed Snape, and his face was suddenly demented, inhuman, as though he was in as much pain as the yelping, howling dog stuck in the burning house behind him, "CALL ME COWARD!" ~HBP, end.

Yep, pretty much the best line ever.

[Mac should totally have a course on this series.]
Old 04-28-2011 at 12:47 AM   #20
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

I'll post the 'snape kills dumbledore' equivalent spoiler for this movie, should I see it on opening day.
Old 04-28-2011 at 12:51 AM   #21
Faer
Elite Member

I've never understood spoilers for book adaptations...are they for things that have been changed?

AeRo likes this.
Old 04-28-2011 at 11:34 AM   #22
alh24
Elite Member

Liked: 243 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuderia View Post
Haters can keep hating.

These movies are supposed to be different from the book. The books are another level that will never ever be replicated. The directors wanted to create somethings that slightly different.

Get over it and appreciate the magic.
Well I obviously didn't think they accidentally made it different from the book. As Faer mentioned in regards to Snape's missing lines, there were some things that were pretty awesome in the book that got cut out, which sucks for people who really liked those parts. They can't throw in everything though, I guess, or else the movies would be even longer.

Last edited by alh24 : 04-28-2011 at 11:38 AM.
Old 04-28-2011 at 12:35 PM   #23
Faer
Elite Member

Though that's true, I think the screenplay writers should be more careful about what they throw out and what they don't. I mean, I'd rather have had Dumbledore's funeral than Ron and Lav-Lav...

alh24, Revolution1, waldo92 like this.
Old 04-28-2011 at 01:52 PM   #24
Scuderia
RocketSaurus

Liked: 110 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh24 View Post
Well I obviously didn't think they accidentally made it different from the book. As Faer mentioned in regards to Snape's missing lines, there were some things that were pretty awesome in the book that got cut out, which sucks for people who really liked those parts. They can't throw in everything though, I guess, or else the movies would be even longer.
They have to cut scenes. If you get the special edition blu-ray they have many scenes that were filmed and were supposed to be in the film but after watching it, it really doesn't fit into the films, to those who loves the books it fits in fine and we can appreciate it BUT for those who have only just watched the movies thy wouldn't understand the significance.

I'm just sick of people complaining that the movies aren't the same as the book. I used to be really annoyed by it but after watching the moves like 20 times and reading the books 6 times... it really doesn't matter. Its just impossible to have everything in the movies.
Old 04-28-2011 at 02:54 PM   #25
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailoli View Post
I cried so much when I reed the last book and I know I'm going to get dehydrated from this movie. My childhood ends with this :(
My childhood ended with this:

I am not ashamed to say this movie nearly made me cry.
Old 05-03-2011 at 12:10 AM   #26
rachelv91

Liked: 0 Times

I refuse to watch the trailer because I want to be completely surprised. This is a movie worth seeing in IMAX for sure! So sad this is the last movie though :(. I will no longer get my yearly dosage of HP!
Old 05-03-2011 at 12:24 AM   #27
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTwce View Post
My childhood ended with this:

I am not ashamed to say this movie nearly made me cry.
I was teary too.

justinsftw, RememberTwce like this.
Old 05-03-2011 at 01:20 AM   #28
lakhim

Liked: 17 Times

people! what is all this hatred and negativity! this is Harry Potter!! Man. I love the books and I know the movies are not perfect but they did their best and it's still SO SO exciting. i mean... whats the sane number of amount you are allowed to rewatch a trailer?!

i sleep with a wand under my pillow. 'nuff said. i am too excited for words.
Old 05-03-2011 at 02:17 AM   #29
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakhim View Post
i sleep with a wand under my pillow. 'nuff said. i am too excited for words.
Is that what they call them these days?

alh24 likes this.
Old 05-03-2011 at 09:03 AM   #30
Faer
Elite Member

LOL. I watched Harry Potter and DH part 1, and suffice to say, though it wasn't the best, I need to see the second part! Plus, the second part has all the battle scenes and SNAPE! (Can I say best character ever?)

I didn't like slow-mo Dobby's death, though. :/ It should've been a fast what-just-happened-OMG-THERE's-A-KNIFE-STICKING-OUT-OF-DOBBY-D: thing.

But then again, you can't please everyone.