MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Harry Potter & the D.H. Scuderia Movies & Television 50 11-22-2010 12:42 AM
Harry Potter!! Infinity General Discussion 68 07-27-2009 11:14 AM
Harry Potter Fan Commits Suicide After Learning Movie Spoilers!!!! ferreinm General Discussion 43 07-15-2009 06:38 PM
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince lorend General Discussion 36 11-22-2008 04:19 PM

Harry Potter

Old 05-03-2011 at 10:54 AM   #31
alh24
Elite Member

Liked: 243 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
Is that what they call them these days?
Just cried a little bit.

Also, thanks for the points! I just noticed that yesterday.
Old 05-03-2011 at 11:58 AM   #32
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

I'm definitely gonna see this because I've seen all the other ones. Actually, my Mom used to take me out of school for the afternoon so we could see the firat viewing in the theatre closest to us. But I really didn't like the first part od Deathly Hallows. I hope this part is much better!
Old 05-03-2011 at 02:22 PM   #33
lakhim

Liked: 17 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
Is that what they call them these days?
why does everyone ALWAYS jump to that conclusion. fuuu.

alh24 likes this.
Old 05-03-2011 at 02:26 PM   #34
lakhim

Liked: 17 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faer View Post
LOL. I watched Harry Potter and DH part 1, and suffice to say, though it wasn't the best, I need to see the second part! Plus, the second part has all the battle scenes and SNAPE! (Can I say best character ever?)

I didn't like slow-mo Dobby's death, though. :/ It should've been a fast what-just-happened-OMG-THERE's-A-KNIFE-STICKING-OUT-OF-DOBBY-D: thing.

But then again, you can't please everyone.
WHAT. Dobby dying.. killed my soul a little bit, in the book. i cried the hardest. out of all the times that i did cry in that book. that and hedwig, that started the sobfest. so i think it was the perfect length in the movie.

guys, i am so so so so sooo excited.

Last edited by lakhim : 05-03-2011 at 02:29 PM.
Old 05-03-2011 at 02:27 PM   #35
rahulsbhagat

Liked: Liked 2 Times

http://hiddendagger.wordpres s.com/...ysis-spoilers/
Old 05-03-2011 at 02:56 PM   #36
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakhim View Post
WHAT. Dobby dying.. killed my soul a little bit, in the book. i cried the hardest. out of all the times that i did cry in that book. that and hedwig, that started the sobfest. so i think it was the perfect length in the movie.

guys, i am so so so so sooo excited.
They could've done the whole slow-mo like they did when they got to Shell Cottage. I mean, once you see the dreadfully slow knife, you know it's going to hit someone. The movies are supposed to be adaptations of the books, right? But they're not supposed to be for the readers. Which is what has been one of the biggest problems with the series - they can't fit everything in, and unless you've read the books, you can't really tell what's going on.

You aren't supposed to know the knife hits anybody until they stumble onto Shell Cottage. IMO.

Whew...yep...I can't wait till the second part either! The battles are going to be awesome enough, but THE PRINCE'S TALE! OMG! I CAN'T WAIT!

EDIT: WHY IS MR. WEASLEY BLONDE?!

Last edited by Faer : 05-03-2011 at 02:58 PM.
Old 05-31-2011 at 12:18 PM   #37
fonge5

Liked: 2 Times

omg cant wait for it to come out
the week before it comes out im going to watch all the movies again

lizziepizzie likes this.
Old 05-31-2011 at 12:36 PM   #38
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Quote:
They could've done the whole slow-mo like they did when they got to Shell Cottage. I mean, once you see the dreadfully slow knife, you know it's going to hit someone. The movies are supposed to be adaptations of the books, right? But they're not supposed to be for the readers. Which is what has been one of the biggest problems with the series - they can't fit everything in, and unless you've read the books, you can't really tell what's going on.

You aren't supposed to know the knife hits anybody until they stumble onto Shell Cottage. IMO.

Whew...yep...I can't wait till the second part either! The battles are going to be awesome enough, but THE PRINCE'S TALE! OMG! I CAN'T WAIT!

EDIT: WHY IS MR. WEASLEY BLONDE?!
What's the Prince's Tale?
Old 05-31-2011 at 12:41 PM   #39
Faer
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
What's the Prince's Tale?
The whole chapter about Snape's memories where we get to see kid!Lily and how everything played out and OMG it's the best chapter of the series.
Old 05-31-2011 at 02:04 PM   #40
chappy89

Liked: 149 Times

well if you haven't... do yourself a favour and read the book. Though to be honest it seems as though the directors are following the last book fairly accurately, or at least as accurate as they can make it without it being 7 hours of film
Old 05-31-2011 at 02:44 PM   #41
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Quote:
The whole chapter about Snape's memories where we get to see kid!Lily and how everything played out and OMG it's the best chapter of the series.
Oh yah... it's been while since I've read it. So they're doing a seperate movie about it, or including it in the final HP movie?
Old 05-31-2011 at 02:57 PM   #42
Faer
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
Oh yah... it's been while since I've read it. So they're doing a seperate movie about it, or including it in the final HP movie?
It's in the final movie, and I can't wait to see that bit! Because I absolutely loved that chapter.

I haven't read the book for several years, either. I really should.
Old 05-31-2011 at 03:03 PM   #43
blooming

Liked: 0 Times

i cant wait to watch!!!
Old 06-08-2011 at 05:46 PM   #44
joannR

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonge5 View Post
omg cant wait for it to come out
the week before it comes out im going to watch all the movies again
^ Most definitely doing the same
I'm so excited. I agree the books are much better - but, the movies are okay.

bloodywarz likes this.
Old 06-10-2011 at 09:13 AM   #45
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 74 Times

i cant wait to go watch the movie when it comes out...but right after i finish watching it im going hate myself so watching the end of The Harry Potter series.

its like the ending of an era :( even if the movies arent as good as the books its going to
suck so bad when its over

lakhim likes this.