MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do you have ADULT ADHD? MacAnxiety Volunteering Opportunities 0 07-24-2014 03:42 PM
Recruiting study participants: Adult ADHD Treatment Study ADHDinfo Volunteering Opportunities 0 04-16-2014 11:24 AM
Explore Your Campus! (New campus tours just opened) Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 04-22-2013 03:52 PM
DC++ Off Campus Waaaaataccc General Discussion 16 11-28-2008 10:57 AM

I have ADHD should i go to the campus MD

Old 12-08-2014 at 12:31 PM   #1
Happiness111

Liked: 0 Times

I have ADHD should i go to the campus MD
Hey guys,

I was having a really hard time in school a year or so ago and went to see a psychiatrist in Toronto. I got diagnosed with ADHD and got a prescription. I never ended up getting the adderall due to personal reasons back then. Fast forward to last summer, and I went back to the dr and got another script and this time started taking medication. Now, because school started and the dr. is in Toronto I delayed renewing my script and pretty much stopped medication. (it worked for the time i used it..)

Now, I am having difficulty again and want to see a doctor in Hamilton so I don't have to make a long trip to see the doctor every time. Should I got to the campus doctor?

I dont know why but I feel like because adhd medication is kinda stigmatized, I feel weird going to the campus dr about it. Like she won't take me seriously or something.
Old 12-08-2014 at 02:03 PM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

The campus doctors are like normal family doctors, and there is also a psychiatrist there (but you need a referral from one of the family doctors for the psychiatrist). A family doctor can prescribe Adderall though. Just make the appointment and see how it goes.
Old 12-09-2014 at 02:13 AM   #3
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Don't let that stop you from going in! The campus doctors are probably much more open with that kind of thing because they have to deal with students experiencing a wide range of mental health issues, so don't feel that you'll be stigmatized against or anything. I've only ever heard great things about the counsellors, doctors and psychiatrist when it comes to mental health diagnoses, prescriptions, etc. So actually, I would recommend going to the Student Wellness Centre because they would likely be a lot more understanding in my opinion.
Old 12-10-2014 at 11:07 PM   #4
john1993

Liked: 8 Times

^The above is true but still please bring copies of previous slips, documents, referral if possible. Because they get shit load of students who come in saying they have ADHD especially right now.

But I am pretty sure you should be fine, they will ask you a lot of questions and it will be a breeze.