MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Adding extra course interest kotton Academics 1 01-04-2013 03:20 PM
Thermo extra help esteban089 Academics 4 10-17-2012 08:09 AM
Getting Rid of Extra Garbage leech3 General Discussion 3 03-28-2011 11:09 PM
extra charges? moskal89 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 11-08-2008 11:43 PM

Will I have to take an extra year...?

Old 05-10-2014 at 12:07 PM   #1
GYalstj

Liked: 1 Time

Will I have to take an extra year...?
I really really absolutely wanted to get into Multimedia for second year, but one of the electives I had no choice of taking, was the course I did horribly in. I really did by best- i went to every lecture, yet I never completely understood the material, and i tried my best in all the quizzes and tests, but the course was just not right for me... all my other course, I did fine in. but just this one course that would've finalized my 30 units completely brought me down, and I've failed...

I know that in order to get into multimedia for second year, you need 30 units completed by April 30th. so I can't take summer school or anything. What happens to me then? I failed my elective course, so i don't have 30 units... Do i have to take an extra year and complete my 30 units? but it's just one course. Do i necessarily have to skip a whole year just to complete 3 units? I'm terribly confused and scared...
please help me out!
Old 05-10-2014 at 01:14 PM   #2
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

If you can't get into that program that was required then you probably could. Have you tried to talk to an academic advisor in that department to see if they'll let u in
Old 05-10-2014 at 01:24 PM   #3
jaywa
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 9 Times

You can take summer school classes and then ask to be reassessed before September. If you don't get into the program in second year apply to a different one and continue taking as many of the courses you would need for your program as you can, and then apply to multimedia in third year. Does your average meet the requirements for the multimedia program? With some other programs you only need 24 units and the required average to get into the second year program. And then you can complete the remaining 6 units later.
Old 05-24-2014 at 01:42 AM   #4
Royal_Glenny

Liked: 0 Times

Hi, I had 24 credits (I had to drop two of my courses, one I wasn't interested in anymore and the other one I had to swap for CMST 1A03 for second term), so right now I am doing Japanese 1Z06 to bring up my credits to 30. BUT I had constantly kept on asking and bugging (lol) my prof and the multimedia academic advisor and I officially got in today! I don't know if it is too late but go talk to the academic advisor