Health sci 3k03/3i03/3p06 now open SciMania Academics 2 09-01-2010 07:50 AM
Health Sci 3I03 Final Grades SciMania Academics 4 01-07-2010 03:44 PM
Health Sci 3I03 SciMania Academics 3 10-11-2009 09:28 PM

Health Sci 2G03/Health Sci 3I03

Old 06-14-2010 at 03:03 PM   #1
deone

Liked: 0 Times

Health Sci 2G03/Health Sci 3I03
Can someone shed some light on the difficulty of this course with Oremus? Is it still a bird course where its easy to get a 12? Also note im not too great at math.

What about immuno? Ive already read the review but im specifically wondering how it is most recently in more detail, how easy the course was and if you know anything about mcdermott as a prof?

Thanks

Last edited by deone : 06-14-2010 at 03:08 PM.
Old 06-28-2010 at 04:03 PM   #2
deone

Anyone....?
Old 06-28-2010 at 05:22 PM   #3
chugaucon

Liked: 11 Times

The review on Immuno is pretty in depth and up-to-date so I won't add anything else to it.

As for Epi with Oremus, it was somewhat of a boring course. However you could definitely do well if you put in some work, even if you're not that great at math. You can choose to write the mid-term or not, if not, your exam will be weighted more heavily. There is also an individual/group essay. The exam was all multiple choice.

deone says thanks to chugaucon for this post.
Old 06-28-2010 at 05:27 PM   #4
saukalra
Elite Member

Liked: 18 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by deone View Post
Can someone shed some light on the difficulty of this course with Oremus? Is it still a bird course where its easy to get a 12? Also note im not too great at math.

Thanks
I took this course last year and would rate it as one of the easier courses I've taken so far. The evaluation includes an optional midterm, a group essay and a final exam. It is definitely 12able. Don't worry about math in this course, it is largely conceptual and once you understand the stuff, its just a matter of very basic addition/subtraction/multiplication/division. It doesnt get beyond that. Overall, I would recommend this course, as it gives a really good understanding of different types/characteristics of clinical trials and observational studies, which may come in really handy if you are considering a career in health care.

deone says thanks to saukalra for this post.
Old 06-29-2010 at 03:44 PM   #5
deone

Quote:
Originally Posted by saukalra View Post
I took this course last year and would rate it as one of the easier courses I've taken so far. The evaluation includes an optional midterm, a group essay and a final exam. It is definitely 12able. Don't worry about math in this course, it is largely conceptual and once you understand the stuff, its just a matter of very basic addition/subtraction/multiplication/division. It doesnt get beyond that. Overall, I would recommend this course, as it gives a really good understanding of different types/characteristics of clinical trials and observational studies, which may come in really handy if you are considering a career in health care.
so it could be considered bird-ish? Also was the group essay marked fairly and relatively easy?
Old 06-30-2010 at 04:38 PM   #6
saukalra
Elite Member

Liked: 18 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by deone View Post
so it could be considered bird-ish? Also was the group essay marked fairly and relatively easy?
Yea i would consider it to be an easy course.

Regarding the group essay, you basically have to choose any health related topic and design an epidemiological study. About its marking, i think it was somewhat subjective depending on the TA that marked it and the essay was the only part of the course that brought some people's mark down. But Dr. Oremus did give everyone a chance to get it re-marked by him if they felt they deserved a higher mark. So, in the end it worked out well for most people.

deone says thanks to saukalra for this post.