Health sci 2G03... smile120 Academics 2 09-18-2011 09:02 AM
Health Sci 2G03/Health Sci 3I03 deone Academics 5 06-30-2010 04:38 PM
Health Sci 2G03 dacrown4life Academics 1 10-08-2009 11:57 PM

Health Sci 2G03 help!

Old 06-04-2012 at 08:22 PM   #1
curiousabout

Liked: 1 Time

Health Sci 2G03 help!
Has anybody taken this course? It's being taught by Oremus.
I would appreciate ANY thoughts on the prof, the course, difficulty, workload, etc!

THANK YOU!
Old 06-04-2012 at 08:31 PM   #2
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousabout View Post
Has anybody taken this course? It's being taught by Oremus.
I would appreciate ANY thoughts on the prof, the course, difficulty, workload, etc!

THANK YOU!
The prof, Oremus, is somewhat boring but he does a good job teaching the material, which is fairly straightforward. It's not a difficult course, as most (if not all) the testable material is right on the slides. Going to class is good when you don't understand the material but frankly wasn't necessary most of the time.

The essay took some time to do but it wasn't overly difficult if you understood the material taught in class. Other than this, the midterm and exam were both straightforward and pretty easy. I don't think there was anything else worth marks but I could be wrong.

Overall, the course is somewhat dry but isn't difficult. Personally I enjoyed the material (more so in retrospect than when I was actually in the course), but most people don't. It's important to realize that Epidemiology is all about various biases and is similar to statistics. Don't go into the course thinking you'll be learning about diseases, or else you're going to be disappointed.
Old 06-04-2012 at 08:45 PM   #3
inthemaking

Liked: 26 Times

Oremus literally reads off of the slides, I went to 3 lectures and then never went again and still ended up doing fine in the course. I found him to be the most boring prof I ever had at Mac tbh. The material is very straightforward and is tedious when you first learn it; I actually hated that course more than organic chem (which I was also taking that semester) while I was taking it. But afterwards I was glad I took it because epidemiology is super important and has tons of real world applications. For what it's worth, even though I disliked the course, I would still take it again now if I went back in time.

I never wrote the midterm (it was optional back when I took it), and the essay has changed format now so I can't comment on it. The final exam was fairly easy though, all MC.

Last edited by inthemaking : 06-04-2012 at 08:54 PM.
Old 06-04-2012 at 08:59 PM   #4
Biochem47
Elite Member

Liked: 73 Times

The prof was okay. Wasn't the most interesting but wasn't the worst prof.

Workload was much less than my other classes. There was a tutorial/week and you had q's to complete for that but that's about it.

The essay was pretty good. You have the choice of working in a group of max of 3. So if you work with two other people it's quite manageable.

Both the midterm and exam were very very fair.

I actually really liked this course.
Old 06-28-2012
nimanims
This message has been removed by a moderator. .