MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hedden - Introduce yourself! Chad Hedden Hall Forum 108 08-08-2012 10:13 AM
Hedden Hall Hilarity First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-18-2010 11:34 PM
Hedden '09 Chad Hedden Hall Forum 80 08-31-2009 03:34 PM
Hedden '08 Chad Hedden Hall Forum 41 08-19-2008 04:05 PM
Hedden Hall '07 lorend Hedden Hall Forum 51 06-04-2008 04:42 PM

Hedden Double

Old 07-09-2010 at 03:16 PM   #1
LazyNinja

Liked: 6 Times

Hedden Double
Hey All!

Does anybody have pictures/measurements for a double room in Hedden?

I'm starting to decide on the stuff I'm going to want to buy, and how I'm going to go about moving in but I can't get a good idea of how things are going to be organized. The residence page doesn't seem to have any kind of room floor plan available, and the "virtual tour" didn't have pictures of a double when I last checked. There are a couple things I'd really like to bring, one of which is a large wall hanging, but I don't want to bother with it if I won't have a place to put it.

Thanks a ton!
Old 07-09-2010 at 03:27 PM   #2
teedee

Liked: 1 Time

http://housing.mcmaster.ca/Residence...gs/hedden.html

Click on the little pictures within the big picture
There are a couple of pictures of a Hedden Double.
Old 07-09-2010 at 03:43 PM   #3
LazyNinja

Whoa! Dude, thanks. I feel blind lol, I *totally* didn't realize you could expand the little photos. Yay for multimedia.
Old 07-09-2010 at 03:48 PM   #4
teedee

Liked: 1 Time

Yeah it took me a while to realize that
Old 09-01-2010 at 03:45 PM   #5
Myoch

Liked: 2 Times

Does anyone know the approximate dimensions of a double room in Hedden?
Old 09-01-2010 at 06:15 PM   #6
Myoch

I'm looking to put down a carpet in the room to cover the existing carpet, if anyone has any idea what size the rooms are, I would appreciate it.
Old 09-01-2010 at 09:05 PM   #7
LazyNinja

Is there a particular reason you're looking to cover up the existing carpet? I mean, sure, it's not exactly a luxurious shag rug in there, but it's not that bad.

I was there for Horizons, and I'd guess the room size at about 10'x16', but that's just a *very* rough estimate as I wasn't really thinking about it at the time. If what you're looking for is just a general idea, that should be close enough. I personally wouldn't recommend trying to buy carpet in advance, it just strikes me as a really bad idea. On the other hand, if you have some sort of free source or are just looking to know about how much it's going to cost, well, go ahead.

If you need a really exact estimate, I'd give building services a call tomorrow. They should be able to give you a much better idea, as they've actually got floor plans and such lying around.

Best of luck!

Edward

*disclaimer* If I fail at eyeball measurements, pleas don't shoot me!
Old 09-01-2010 at 09:23 PM   #8
Myoch

Yeah, maybe I should wait and see how bad the carpet is. Thought if I cover it up with an area rug, it would just feel that much cleaner.

Thanks for your response.
Old 09-01-2010 at 09:25 PM   #9
bhatoai

Liked: 0 Times

hedden hall room
hey I actuallly toook photos of the rooom under "Isha Bhatoa" --> Hedden Hall abum on faceboook. feel free to check it out.
Old 09-01-2010 at 09:32 PM   #10
Myoch

ok, thanx