MacInsiders Logo
Old 08-18-2010 at 01:58 PM   #16
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoni View Post
dude if you wanted a light course load you shouldn't have picked engineering. if you dont take enough courses this year then in the next years you'll have an even bigger course load to compensate for it, and the courses won't get any easier. do you mean conflicts between courses or personal conflicts? if you have issues going on in your life then the best thing to do would be to talk to an academic advisor about your situation. if its just a course then get on SOLAR and try switching the times of a course to fix it or choose another elective...
If it's personal issues, then the centre for student development is a good place to go.
Old 08-18-2010 at 02:02 PM   #17
soody

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
If it's personal issues, then the centre for student development is a good place to go.
Ok thanks... besides... ill be wasting a year... but thats fine.. im only 17 atm lol

BTW what is TERM 3?
http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /CALENDAR/current/pg195.html

I can take term 3 to complete the est of my courses?
Old 08-18-2010 at 02:09 PM   #18
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by soody View Post
Ok thanks... besides... ill be wasting a year... but thats fine.. im only 17 atm lol

BTW what is TERM 3?
http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /CALENDAR/current/pg195.html

I can take term 3 to complete the est of my courses?
Term 3 is a full session course. It's like term 1 + term 2. Runs from September to April.
Old 08-18-2010 at 02:44 PM   #19
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoni View Post
dude if you wanted a light course load you shouldn't have picked engineering. if you dont take enough courses this year then in the next years you'll have an even bigger course load to compensate for it, and the courses won't get any easier.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soody View Post
So are ~half the people going into engineering one.

Believe me, if university is gonna own you, it's better it happen in first year than in later years. First year is supposed to be where you learn that attending classes and doing school work are srs bzns.

jamescw1234, jhan523, nerual like this.
Old 08-18-2010 at 04:31 PM   #20
qwerty91
Elite Member

Liked: 173 Times

you should really be pushing yourself and doing the entire year in fall/winter season like everyone else. What are you going to do when classes get far tougher in second year, I can tell you that i have substantially more class in second year than i did last year. If you dont learn to push yourself now you WILL fail second or third year, not something you want with tuition prices as they are.

As for conflicts, an engineering adviser may be able to do something about that

nerual likes this.
Old 08-18-2010 at 04:36 PM   #21
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty91 View Post
you should really be pushing yourself and doing the entire year in fall/winter season like everyone else. What are you going to do when classes get far tougher in second year, I can tell you that i have substantially more class in second year than i did last year. If you dont learn to push yourself now you WILL fail second or third year, not something you want with tuition prices as they are.

As for conflicts, an engineering adviser may be able to do something about that
Sally Williams is the advisor you want to talk to by the way.