MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Hello From Australia RonPrice Introduce Yourself 0 05-20-2010 01:28 AM
31st McMaster World Congress petkostg MacInsiders Announcements 3 02-23-2010 10:30 PM
MSU Financial Statements as of October 31st 2009 deadpool MacInsiders Announcements 5 12-02-2009 11:04 AM
Parent Information Form Due August 31st feonateresa MacInsiders Announcements 35 08-23-2009 03:15 PM

Help Caroline Zammit Get To Australia: Party @ 1280 Wednesday March 31st!

About two weeks ago, we mentioned a contest where two Mac students were trying to win a trip to Australia. Both girls made it to the next round, but one decided to fold due to academic deadlines.

Caroline Zammit is throwing her Australian-themed party at 1280 on Wednesday March 31st from 1pm-9pm. She gets points by recording the names of each person who walks through the door during that time.

There is free swag to be won and prizes for the people whose attire best matches the Crocodile Dundee theme.

For more info, check out the Facebook event!

Make sure to spread the word to all of your friends!
Published by
MacInsiders VP

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 03-28-2010 at 10:53 AM   #2
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times
I'm glad to hear you got through...but deciding to fold? That's quitter talk!

What about all us loving fans who voted for you like 80 times? (;

sinthusized, ~*Sara*~ like this.

Old 03-28-2010 at 03:15 PM   #3
cazammi

Liked: 0 Times
thanks for the support danielle! hope to see everyone out on wednesday!

Old 03-29-2010 at 11:21 AM   #4
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowicz View Post
I'm glad to hear you got through...but deciding to fold? That's quitter talk!

What about all us loving fans who voted for you like 80 times? (;

If I went through with it I'd not be able to submit the essays I have due Tuesday, Weds and Thursday on time...and I have to maintain the average I have or my grad school offer will be rescinded.

Grad school is kinda more important...

Sorry! :(

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 03-29-2010 at 02:28 PM   #5
mac-lover

Liked: 15 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
If I went through with it I'd not be able to submit the essays I have due Tuesday, Weds and Thursday on time...and I have to maintain the average I have or my grad school offer will be rescinded.

Definitely! Congrats on getting this far though!

And Good luck Caroline!

Old 03-30-2010 at 11:01 AM   #6
Mowicz
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post

Don't apologize to us, apologize to yourself! Haha. It's too bad things didn't work out better, but school is definitely more important. Just know that we got yo back G. There are always other contests. (:

Last edited by Mowicz : 03-30-2010 at 11:10 AM.

Old 03-31-2010 at 08:38 PM   #7
Kathy2
Elite Member

I know this doesn't really matter, but I want to say thank you to the girl who was holding the Austrailia party today in 1280. I was there eating lunch when she announced the party would be in a few minutes, and she went around talking to different tables. I really really appreciate that she didn't bother the people who were eating (and only talked to those who were sitting without food).

I know that doesn't seem like a big deal but I appreciate it!

Old 04-01-2010 at 05:43 PM   #8
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times
Just an FYI to everyone: voting has started again on the website, so vote for Caroline's video!

You can do it here: http://www.campusperks.ca/australia/...4906627600000b

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

cazammi likes this.

Old 04-02-2010 at 01:55 PM   #9
cazammi

Liked: 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post
I know this doesn't really matter, but I want to say thank you to the girl who was holding the Austrailia party today in 1280. I was there eating lunch when she announced the party would be in a few minutes, and she went around talking to different tables. I really really appreciate that she didn't bother the people who were eating (and only talked to those who were sitting without food).

I know that doesn't seem like a big deal but I appreciate it!
no problem kathy! i appreciate the thanks!

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search