MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
McMaster University makes Top 100 In World Chad MacInsiders Announcements 25 10-09-2010 11:50 PM
McMaster World Congress - Student Position Available nbontis MacInsiders Announcements 2 06-18-2010 10:31 PM
McMaster World Congress - Economic Crime Prevention Conference Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 12-31-2008 12:56 PM
30th McMaster World Congress is coming! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 08-11-2008 02:57 PM
The McMaster World Congress is taking place this week! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 1 01-15-2008 11:54 AM

31st McMaster World Congress

Do you know exactly what you want to do after graduation?

Have you figured out the perfect plan to succeed?

If you answered “no” to either of these questions, then you need to come out to the McMaster World Congress!

The McMaster World Congress is a prestigious conference devoted to bringing together academic students and industry professionals from around the world. Through informative presentations and inspirational speaker sessions, the McMaster World Congress will provide student delegates with knowledgeable information that would help them better understand how to adapt to real-world situations. The conference provides an ample amount of opportunity for attendees to meet, socialize and network. This year’s conference will be held on February 1-2, 2010 on campus at CIBC Hall, Room 308, on the third floor of the Student Centre. What makes this conference more exciting is that students from ALL FACULTIES are invited to attend this year's event.

Registration for this year's speaker sessions begin THIS MONDAY, January 11, and ends on Friday, January 15. Students have the convenience this year of registering online at our website (http://worldcongress.mcmaste r.ca), just click the 'Register' tab to sign up.

Be sure to visit the McMaster World Congress information booth inside the Student Centre from January 11-14, where you can get more information about the speakers presenting at this year's illustrious event.

This year, the 31st McMaster World Congress presents two themes in both Sports Management and Student Development. Both of these themes bring successful individuals in their respected fields. You can expect to see:

John Levy- CEO of Score Media (The Score Sports Channel)

Jeff Giles- former President and COO of the CFL

Tony Lacavera, CEO of Globalive Communications (Parent company of WIND Mobile)

The Hon. John Milloy - Minister of Training, Colleges, and Universities and Research and Innovation for the Provincial Government

And many more!

For more information please visit our website at www.worldcongress.mcm aster.ca

Be sure to follow us and become a fan on Facebook for the latest conference updates! (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hamilt...8008154?ref=ts)

Sincerely,

The McMaster World Congress Executive Team

florencem. says thanks to petkostg for this post.
Published by

Article Tools

Attached Images
File Type: jpg MWC logo.jpg (41.5 KB, 3 views)
Deleted Post
Old 01-31-2010 at 04:52 PM   #2
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Origins Research Specialization
Year: Other

Liked: 352 Times
*bump* This is tomorrow!
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 01-31-2010 at 04:58 PM   #3
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff
Program: BA (Hons) CSCT and Anthropology, BA (Hons) English & Indigenous Studies
Year: Alumni
Residence: Whidden

Liked: 507 Times
Indigenous Studies Prof Hayden King is speaking too!

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 02-23-2010 at 10:30 PM   #4
smshlyxlhl
Faculty: Business / Commerce
Year: Alumni

Liked: Liked 3 Times
I got some issues with this thing, basically if you take Commerce 1E03 and attend 4 sessions, you can get two bonus marks. I am damn sure I attended 4 sessions, however the person in charge told me the system somehow only recorded 2 of my attendance. I am not saying this event sucks or something, but i saw those people in fancy suit swiped my student card in front my eyes and they clearly told me. " It's Ok, you can go ahead."... I fully trusted their words. Plus I missed the first session because I didn't know this event is business casual, because I was late, and so are my friends. However I couldn't find any information about "business casually" what so ever for this event, I mean I know there is like a club exclusively for this annual event, they even get president, executives, reps... but still, some unhappy stuff also happened, I mean I spent 4 hours there in that room, but they just simply say Its only two hours ... well, i am not criticising this event or anyone, just wanna throw some comments and suggestions out there.Hope you guys can avoid this kind of situation Because It's kind of ridiculous. - -! (Louzhu, please pay attention to your chrysanthemum cuz spring brother will pop out at night)LMAO

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search