MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Labour Studies 1A03 CAHopeful First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 01-10-2011 11:28 AM
Is anyone taking Labour Studies 1A03? KayakerDan Academics 2 12-14-2009 10:35 PM
LABOUR STUDIES 1A03 or COMMUNICATION STUDIES? lizziemcg First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 08-28-2009 05:43 PM
Labour Studies 1a03 NRoshanth Academics 7 05-26-2009 06:37 PM

HELP..commerce 1b03 or labour studies 1a03

Old 08-18-2011 at 11:09 AM   #1
rmc04

Liked: 0 Times

HELP..commerce 1b03 or labour studies 1a03
I cant decide to take commerce 1b03 or labour studies 1a03! any opinions on either of the classes would be great! thanks
Old 08-18-2011 at 11:37 AM   #2
icecubz
Trollin Ain't Easy

Liked: 115 Times

commerce 1b03 is the same course as commerce 1e03 (which i took last term). its an extremely hard course due to the group report that we have to do. its marked extremely hard by Prof. Cossa and her TAs. There are also around 3 presentations that you have to do in tutorial and 2 of them requires everyone to be dressed up in business attire or you lose marks if you don't. there are 2 midterms, and they're somewhat easy if you study the textbook well and same goes for the final as well. its a tough course in my opinion and if you are looking for a GPA booster, don't take it IMO.

sorry i didn't take labour studies, no input on it.

Last edited by icecubz : 08-18-2011 at 11:40 AM.
Old 08-18-2011 at 11:43 AM   #3
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 468 Times

commerce: how to work for the man

labour studies: how to work against the man

hope that helps.

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)
Old 08-18-2011 at 11:56 AM   #4
CAHopeful
Account Locked

Liked: 7 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecubz View Post
commerce 1b03 is the same course as commerce 1e03 (which i took last term). its an extremely hard course due to the group report that we have to do. its marked extremely hard by Prof. Cossa and her TAs. There are also around 3 presentations that you have to do in tutorial and 2 of them requires everyone to be dressed up in business attire or you lose marks if you don't. there are 2 midterms, and they're somewhat easy if you study the textbook well and same goes for the final as well. its a tough course in my opinion and if you are looking for a GPA booster, don't take it IMO.

sorry i didn't take labour studies, no input on it.
Wrong. Strict adherence to her guidelines WILL yield a great mark. All of my group members got a 10+ in this class.
Old 08-18-2011 at 12:03 PM   #5
icecubz
Trollin Ain't Easy

Liked: 115 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAHopeful View Post
Wrong. Strict adherence to her guidelines WILL yield a great mark. All of my group members got a 10+ in this class.
thats true, but that doesn't make the group report any easier to do. its still tough.
Old 08-18-2011 at 12:21 PM   #6
tfcfan01

Liked: Liked 5 Times

I've taken both. Depend on what you're looking for in a course.
I'd recommend labour studies, you're more likely to get a better mark and if you really think you'd like it, you'll do even better.
There is group work involved in the commerce course, which can sometimes be a pain.
Best of luck. If you choose labour studies let me know and I can sell you the book for cheap.

rmc04 says thanks to tfcfan01 for this post.