MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How Do You Edit Text In Adobe Acrobat?! logans First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 16 09-25-2010 12:40 AM
Cant Decide kwyhan Academics 5 06-11-2010 10:39 PM
Help Send These Students to Australia! temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 9 04-02-2010 03:08 PM
Can't edit previous posts? wintermelon General Discussion 2 12-07-2008 12:05 PM
How to send in student card picture? jasminexo First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 06-23-2008 03:06 PM

Help me out. Decide the best people to send this too, and/or help proofread and edit.

Old 01-08-2009 at 09:10 PM   #31
davey
Elite Member

Liked: 14 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by wintermelon View Post
maybe he has dysgraphia.
Old 04-02-2009 at 11:11 AM   #32
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt_ View Post
For those who don't know, myself and a few others (thanks for following everybody in the room!) went to see the Associate Dean, and we worked out a solution. I'm getting tired of repeating myself. Search 1zz5 on facebook.
Hey Kurt! Has the class change worked out for you guys? If not I will include it in my report for the VP education. I just came into my job as a FYC education and community rep 10 days ago, I am currently on the lookout for first year issues that can be solved directly! Hence if you or anyone you know has problems with any other courses do email me @ [email protected] or reply on this thread!

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 04-02-2009 at 12:32 PM   #33
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

It never happened. Childs' just told everyone not in his class to gtfo. Eventually people stopped going to class after they realized that every professor teaches this course by literally reading the book, and there is now no longer a problem.
Old 04-02-2009 at 01:18 PM   #34
huzaifa47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
It never happened. Childs' just told everyone not in his class to gtfo. Eventually people stopped going to class after they realized that every professor teaches this course by literally reading the book, and there is now no longer a problem.
I see, thanks for the reply. But do you see this problem repeating next year? Via word of mouth/personal experience/redsuits spreading myths & gossips there could possibly be another rush towards Dr Childs class?

Old 04-02-2009 at 02:05 PM   #35
Iman

Liked: 5 Times

People just stopped going to class in general, not just because Childs told everyone to go to their correct sections (I didn't). This problem happens every year, too... so yes, it is a problem that we all expect to happen again until Childs just gets a room large enough (last semester's rooms were fine - TSH/120 and CNH/104).
Old 04-04-2009 at 10:46 PM   #36
huzaifa47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iman View Post
People just stopped going to class in general, not just because Childs told everyone to go to their correct sections (I didn't). This problem happens every year, too... so yes, it is a problem that we all expect to happen again until Childs just gets a room large enough (last semester's rooms were fine - TSH/120 and CNH/104).
Ahan I see, I will most definitely put it into my year end report for the Vp Education. The evidence is pretty decent, the discussion topic on insiders a FB group of over 125 people, does anyone know what Dr Child's direct opinion in this regard is? Would he be willing to teach a bigger class? I'm thinking I might email him or visit him during his office hours but it would be less akward if anyone from here could find out/answer. I mean If say I ask the Vp Education to try and get a bigger room and Dr Child's ends up refusing that, it would be rather akward innit?

Also what about the Engineering SRA members? Has anyone tried to contact them?

Old 04-05-2009 at 11:10 AM   #37
Matt Wright

Liked: 49 Times

As an SRA Engineering member, if any concerns regarding class sizes, it would be best to private message me and we can move forward and take care of the issue. Today is Vice President elections and with the new VP-Education we can better address this issue for the upcoming 09-10 school year. I have definitely noticed that Dr. Childs class is pretty much a free for all and it needs to be addressed in order to ensure a high quality of education for all first year engineers.