MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Quick Help Please! DMe3 Academics 1 08-12-2010 01:52 AM
Quick Question... fall3n First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-04-2010 12:06 PM
Lab Conflict? (Mechatronics Eng) AnguishedEnd Academics 3 08-18-2009 10:37 PM
Mechatronics cowpuppy First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 04-30-2009 02:49 PM
Quick Announcements Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 02-14-2008 12:51 PM

HELP with mechatronics courses quick!!

Old 06-22-2009 at 12:01 AM   #1
highoutput

Liked: 0 Times

HELP with mechatronics courses quick!!
hey MacInsiders. i'm in a jam here. So i got into mugsi and onto solar and i have filled in al the courses that are required for me as a Level II Eng student in mechatronics. but when i hit verify and check conflicts one of the courses fails. the course is ENG 2MM3. it tells me that i am missing requisites. i know for a fact everyhing is right and i should be taking that course. here is a link to the mechtron course guide and the course.

http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /CALEN...nt/pg1229.html

http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /CALEN...782.html#16325

please help!
Old 06-22-2009 at 12:05 AM   #2
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

I'm not sure if this is the case with this course, but I know that there have been some problems with SOLAR not identifying prerequisites correctly. You should contact your academic advisor tomorrow to see if there is a problem with SOLAR.
Old 06-22-2009 at 12:07 AM   #3
highoutput

ya i figured that but the course calendar states that i must also be registered in 2 other maths but those are not courses that i'm supposed to be taking
Old 06-22-2009 at 12:09 AM   #4
MarkA

Liked: 25 Times

This kind of thing happens a lot right now. It's an error in the system. Don't panic about it; it'll be fixed. It's a required course for you anyways, so you're guaranteed a spot.

I'm not sure if there's anyone in specific to e-mail to inform them about this conflict, but you could try your academic advisor.

Edit: I should type things out faster.
Old 06-22-2009 at 12:15 AM   #5
jp1390

Liked: 26 Times

Don't worry man, same thing happened to me and my buddy with ENG 2MM3.
Old 06-22-2009 at 12:21 AM   #6
highoutput

I figured it out!

lol last year there was no math 2z03 or 2zz3 (required mechtron courses) it used to be 2m03 and 2mm3 but they changed the math curriculam so its now affecting 2nd year courses so they had to change it to the two new courses ('z' in the course name instead of 'm') that are now listed but they never changed the requisites for ENG 2MM3 so it won't work through solar! now git er done registrar fix that up for us engineers!
Old 06-22-2009 at 12:23 AM   #7
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by highoutput View Post
now git er done registrar fix that up for us engineers!
I hope you aren't in a rush LOL. You can call the registrar a lot of things, but quick generally isn't one of them haha.
Old 06-22-2009 at 02:16 AM   #8
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

Ya.. I'm getting the same problem with another course (I'm going into Software and Game Design).

Even worse though, the head for my stream (or whoever enters courses) completely put one of the courses in the wrong semester. I can't save changes because I now have too many units in one semesters...

FML.
Old 06-22-2009 at 02:23 AM   #9
highoutput

i hear ya i lost all what i had and then was not able to get back in at all. stupid. you think they could be a little bit more on top of things. how hard is it to change a few letters.