MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
More 'Recent' Threads RyanC Site Feedback & Suggestions 0 12-07-2010 11:18 AM
Recent Grads jo87 Volunteering Opportunities 29 02-12-2010 06:55 AM
Grad Card and Grad Response Form Available nh999 MacInsiders Announcements 0 02-02-2010 08:57 AM
Recent MSU Job Postings Chad MacInsiders Announcements 16 07-22-2008 01:12 AM
Recent MSU Job Postings Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 02-22-2008 12:45 AM

Help a Recent Mac Grad

Old 12-19-2011 at 01:27 PM   #1
steve_d90
Account Disabled by User

Liked: Liked 4 Times

Help a Recent Mac Grad
Hey Guys,

I graduated from Mac last summer (commerce) and began working at a start up called Sweet Tooth, in Waterloo (I miss Hamilton a lot FYI). We're trying to get nominated for the Techvibes Canadian Start Up Awards (see: techvibes.com/blog/the-first-annual-canadian-startup-awards-presented-by-kpmg-2011-12-15 ).

I really need your help, if we win this it would mean a lot to my company! All the long days and hard work would be worth it!

If you have a minute, PLEASE all you have to do is ANY:

1- Tweet this: help a Mac grad out & RT! @techvibes I nominate @getsweettooth for the Best New Canadian Startup of 2011 #StartupAwards

2- Go to this website - techvibes.com/blog/the-first-annual-canadian-startup-awards-presented-by-kpmg-2011-12-15 - and comment on the article: " I nominate Sweet Tooth for Best New Canadian Startup of 2011"

3- (optional) tell your friends and fellow Mac students to help out a Mac grad!

Thanks so much guys, I'll keep you update if we get nominated!

Old 12-19-2011 at 01:31 PM   #2
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Why don't you first start by telling us what your company is and what you would do if you win?
Old 12-19-2011 at 01:59 PM   #3
stripe

Liked: 1 Time

you miss hamilton a lot? NOW IM GONNA GET ALL MY FRIENDS TO VOTE!
Old 12-19-2011 at 02:06 PM   #4
steve_d90
Account Disabled by User

So my company is called Sweet Tooth. sweettoothrewards.com

What we do is allow retailers to give their customers points for buying stuff, liking them on facebook, reviewing products and tons of other stuff. So we're a small software company on fixed resources, and we're trying to get funding of any sort to expand and further develop our product.

If we win, we would get a ton of exposure and possibly some Angel investors would help us out. Then we could expand the team (I'd DEFINITELY look at McMaster grads) and hopefully be a success story for Canada. That's a bit more long term though, we're just hoping to get nominated for the mean time.

And I do actually miss Hamilton; I moved to Waterloo and you wouldn't realize how much you love the place until you're living somewhere else. Nothing against Waterloo, it's a nice place too, but just different.

Like I said, any help is much appreciated. I asked MSU and MacAlumni on Twitter to help and haven't heard anything back.
Old 12-19-2011 at 03:54 PM   #5
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Liked: 227 Times

You graduated last summer and never bothered making a macinsiders account? lol
Old 12-19-2011 at 03:56 PM   #6
steve_d90
Account Disabled by User

Actually if you look at my profile you'll see that I joined in 2007...

Aeria, Biochem47, L'Étoile, RyanC like this.
Old 12-19-2011 at 04:29 PM   #7
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Fire View Post
You graduated last summer and never bothered making a macinsiders account? lol
Lol @ his reply to you.
Old 12-19-2011 at 05:01 PM   #8
steve_d90
Account Disabled by User

Anyways, forget about it. I just thought I'd ask my old school for help. If anyone has tweeted or commented this, thank you so much I really appreciate it.