MacInsiders Logo
Old 06-22-2010 at 05:01 PM   #1
Hanna

Liked: 0 Times

Hi everyone :D
Hey!
My name is Hanna and I will be going into first year kinesiology this September! I'm not 100% sure about what I want to do after uni, physiology is a maybe but it's too soon to tell! I'm really excited to head off to Mac and meet some new people!
Old 06-22-2010 at 05:08 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
Hey!
My name is Hanna and I will be going into first year kinesiology this September! I'm not 100% sure about what I want to do after uni, physiology is a maybe but it's too soon to tell! I'm really excited to head off to Mac and meet some new people!
Welcome! Feel free to ask any questions you have. Also check out some of the articles that we have written here on MacInsiders: http://www.macinsiders.com/forumdisp...e-67.html?f=67
Old 06-22-2010 at 05:20 PM   #3
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Welcome!

(I've run out of things to say after the other introduction threats >_<)
Old 06-22-2010 at 05:44 PM   #4
Jellybeanz

Liked: 23 Times

Hey Hanna!

I'll also entering first year Kinesiology, and I'm really looking forward to it! I'm also undecided as to what I want to do in the future. I was actually going to go into social sciences, but decided on Kinesiology last minute, haha, so it's no wonder that I still have no idea what I want to do later on!

What electives do you plan on taking? I'm not looking forward to calculus, but I decided to take MATH 1LS3 first term just to get it over with, and so I don't forget everything!
Old 06-22-2010 at 07:42 PM   #5
Hanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybeanz View Post
Hey Hanna!

I'll also entering first year Kinesiology, and I'm really looking forward to it! :) I'm also undecided as to what I want to do in the future. I was actually going to go into social sciences, but decided on Kinesiology last minute, haha, so it's no wonder that I still have no idea what I want to do later on!

What electives do you plan on taking? I'm not looking forward to calculus, but I decided to take MATH 1LS3 first term just to get it over with, and so I don't forget everything!
Cool, I'll see you there! :D
Same, unfortunately I didn't take calculus so I have to make up for it first year, it seems kind of like a waste of an elective! :( I decided to take MATH 1LS3 as well, hopefully it will be easy! I'm taking BIO 1A03 for one of my other electives and I'm still undecided about the other one. What are you choosing for your other electives?
Old 06-22-2010 at 08:32 PM   #6
Jellybeanz

Awh, yeah, having to take an extra math course really sucks! :/

I was also thinking of taking Bio 1A03, and possibly Chem 1A03 and 1AA3, but I'm not completely decided yet! It's hard picking electives when you're not exactly sure what you want to do after because of all the grad/professional school prerequisites, haha.
Old 06-23-2010 at 09:52 AM   #7
Hanna

Quote:
Awh, yeah, having to take an extra math course really sucks! :/

I was also thinking of taking Bio 1A03, and possibly Chem 1A03 and 1AA3, but I'm not completely decided yet! It's hard picking electives when you're not exactly sure what you want to do after because of all the grad/professional school prerequisites, haha.
Ya, that's so true! There's so many options, it's kind of overwhelming! I was thinking of taking something a bit easier for my last elective since I don't want my workload too heavy but a lot of people are taking a lot of sciences for their electives so now I'm not sure! :S
Old 06-23-2010 at 05:39 PM   #8
Jellybeanz

Yeah, I was originally thinking of taking some easier/interesting electives, but then I looked at all the prerequisites of certain grad/professional school programs and got kind of overwhelmed! I just don't want to end up having the squeeze all the prerequisites in the last two years or end up having to spend more money than I have to in order to complete them.

Chemistry was pretty easy for me in high school though (I hope that trend continues!), but most people say it's pretty hard in university! (And we have to take 6 units of electives from the faculty of science for the degree, so I figured that I'd get it over with first year along with calculus.) I guess we still have until Sunday to decide, haha. And later too, because we can always change it.

Last edited by Jellybeanz : 06-23-2010 at 07:02 PM.
Old 06-23-2010 at 08:10 PM   #9
simmor2

Can we not register for courses and just live in residency for the parties?
Old 06-23-2010 at 08:38 PM   #10
Jellybeanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmor2 View Post
Can we not register for courses and just live in residency for the parties?
Wasn't there a story not too long ago about a man who had been living in residence at UBC for like, 15 years, even though he hadn't enrolled in a class there for a decade? haha
Old 06-23-2010 at 11:47 PM   #11
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

Welcome Hanna!!!

Be sure to check out our multi-part series on getting involved with campus life at Mac!

Also be sure to read the great stories and articles posted in our Advice and tips section "First Year Success" which has stories of student's experiences during their first year at McMaster, first week at Mac, starting new programs, etc! You'll be able to learn a lot of tips!

FIRST YEAR SUCCESS ARTICLES

MY FIRST FEW WEEKS AT MAC

FIRST YEAR EXPERIENCE SERIES

And if you need any help with anything on MacInsiders, be sure to give me a shout!

-Chad
President, MacInsiders
Old 06-24-2010 at 12:25 AM   #12
simmor2

Quote:
Wasn't there a story not too long ago about a man who had been living in residence at UBC for like, 15 years, even though he hadn't enrolled in a class there for a decade? haha
that is me in 15 years