Hi guys!) m1elecita Introduce Yourself 1 09-07-2010 12:06 PM
heyy guys =) DMe3 Introduce Yourself 2 06-12-2010 02:56 PM
ECE Guys.. blackdragon Academics 7 06-04-2010 01:32 PM
hey guys macmac27 General Discussion 4 09-10-2009 07:51 PM

hi guys! My offer was rescined. Why?

Old 07-17-2010 at 02:35 PM   #16
danallan

Liked: 27 Times

I was going to make a comment about the spelling mistake, but I'm glad i was beat to it so the fun police could stone someone else...

Is it not reasonable for a forum linked directly to a university to be held to some standard of grammar or spelling (even if only for the sake of humour)? Despite the terrible situation the OP finds himself in beyond their own control, there is still some dark, ironic humour to be found in reading a post with a spelling error about being denied entrance to McMaster.

If I was to make a post on here about a negative issue I had experience with Mac using poor spelling/grammar, would I not be opening the door to being fairly poked fun at?

Connor_92 says thanks to danallan for this post.
Old 07-17-2010 at 02:41 PM   #17
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by danallan View Post
I was going to make a comment about the spelling mistake, but I'm glad i was beat to it so the fun police could stone someone else...
It was the first thing I thought of too when I saw the thread title. But it was on Lawley's computer, which she was using, so I couldn't reply to it.
Old 07-17-2010 at 09:34 PM   #18
Connor_92

Liked: 14 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by danallan View Post

Is it not reasonable for a forum linked directly to a university to be held to some standard of grammar or spelling (even if only for the sake of humour)? Despite the terrible situation the OP finds himself in beyond their own control, there is still some dark, ironic humour to be found in reading a post with a spelling error about being denied entrance to McMaster.

If I was to make a post on here about a negative issue I had experience with Mac using poor spelling/grammar, would I not be opening the door to being fairly poked fun at?
I'm glad I'm not the only one to see the irony in the situation, I appreciate it haha.. and making a joke doesn't mean I'm trying to make myself seem smarter, pointing out the juvenile motives of others kind of does though..
Old 07-17-2010 at 09:47 PM   #19
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
Way to delete the post then quote him Bushra
Lol, I quoted him before he deleted it
If it's not racist, hateful or spam, or a ton of swearwords with a link to ****, I don't mod posts.
If a post is rude but...not filled with hate, loathing and burning of effigies, or discriminatory, I think the Charter trumps modding.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 07-17-2010 at 11:44 PM   #20
MacFOOTBALL

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor_92 View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one to see the irony in the situation, I appreciate it haha.. and making a joke doesn't mean I'm trying to make myself seem smarter, pointing out the juvenile motives of others kind of does though..
u need a life
Old 07-18-2010 at 12:16 AM   #21
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacFOOTBALL View Post
u need a life
I can see how someone pointing out the irony in your typo would require them to "need a life".
Old 07-18-2010 at 06:29 AM   #22
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacFOOTBALL View Post
u need a life
A fine social worker you'll make.

lawleypop likes this.
Old 07-18-2010 at 11:40 AM   #23
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

I like how everyone's ripping on the person who pointed out the typo...but what the hell did people think I meant when I said "really?"

XD

I mean, don't get me wrong... it's nice not being ripped on. But still. XD

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 07-18-2010 at 11:44 AM   #24
andrew22
Account Locked

Liked: 238 Times

u sure you wanna come to mac? see how 'clever' mac students are