MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What High School Did You Attend? Jake General Discussion 312 11-23-2011 02:05 PM
McMaster Summer School for high school student MacPack First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 08-04-2010 06:35 PM
Retaking a course in high school Relyt First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 06-15-2010 08:14 PM
Help with High School Math Kira Academics 6 01-21-2010 07:06 PM
what high school did you go to? lorend Academics 48 08-30-2008 10:33 PM

high school sciences at mac?

Old 09-08-2010 at 09:33 PM   #1
Raeann89

Liked: 4 Times

high school sciences at mac?
hey guys!

This is probably going to sound a bit crazy...I'm in my fourth year of Classics right now and want to come back for a second degree in Computer Science (engineering)...I'm terrified though, as in high school I only took math up to grade 11 and only took biology out of all the sciences.

I know that there are uni courses at Mac for people who didn't take chemistry or math up to grade 12, but I can't for the life of me find a physics one. I was wondering if there even is one at all? I'm pretty sure that I need to get these out of the way before I can even submit a returning student form and I'll make an appt. with a counselor to be sure, but until then any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

thanks!
Old 09-08-2010 at 09:41 PM   #2
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Chem 1R03
Math 1LS3
Physics 1L03
Bio 1P03 (might need a refresh?)

Check 'em out. Make sure they're ok. There's another math, but I'm not sure what its for.

Raeann89 says thanks to britb for this post.
Old 09-08-2010 at 09:48 PM   #3
Raeann89

oooh so 1L03 IS the high school class - it seems that I can't get into the physics or chem intro classes though as I didn't take even the grade 11 equivalents...I definitely had nooooo idea that I would ever even consider engineering! I guess I'll email the department and see what they say.
thanks again!
Old 09-09-2010 at 12:27 AM   #4
Patrick.O

Liked: 28 Times

Hooray for classics and comp sci, I'm thinking of minoring in Classics and I'm in Computer Science.

Raeann89 likes this.
Old 09-09-2010 at 12:35 AM   #5
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick.O View Post
Hooray for classics and comp sci
That's gotta be the most random combination I've ever seen. lol
Old 09-09-2010 at 08:17 AM   #6
Raeann89

haha soooo true...but it's also going to make us stand out (I hope!)

and if you're thinking about Classics as a minor, stick with it! The profs are incredible and the classes are so interesting...if you're brave, maybe even Latin perhaps? haha who knows...it might help with understanding the syntax of Python or something