MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What High School Did You Attend? Jake General Discussion 312 11-23-2011 02:05 PM
McMaster Summer School for high school student MacPack First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 08-04-2010 06:35 PM
Help with High School Math Kira Academics 6 01-21-2010 07:06 PM
High School Textbooks? hellonewyork General Discussion 8 08-20-2009 02:15 PM
what high school did you go to? lorend Academics 48 08-30-2008 10:33 PM

high school transcripts

Old 02-12-2011 at 09:07 AM   #1
bernas3

Liked: 1 Time

high school transcripts
Hey guys,
I was wondering if anyone knew how long high school usually keep your transcripts. I need my high school transcript ASAP and I attended school in York Region. Do you think they would still have them after three years?
Old 02-12-2011 at 09:08 AM   #2
jajas
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 49 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernas3 View Post
Hey guys,
I was wondering if anyone knew how long high school usually keep your transcripts. I need my high school transcript ASAP and I attended school in York Region. Do you think they would still have them after three years?
Call and ask is your best bet, I believe they should keep your records for 5 years if I am not mistaken. But this may vary from school to school.
Old 02-12-2011 at 09:12 AM   #3
SciMania
Elite Member

Liked: 74 Times

Quote:
Hey guys,
Yes they do keep them. I attended York Region as well and graduated in 2007, I just requested my transcript last week. You pay $20 for the 1st one and $5 for all subsequent ones.

You have to place the order online, they will call you and ask you for credit card info and then they will send it out. Stupidest system ever...

here is the link:
http://www.yrdsb.edu.on.ca/page.cfm?id=CCT000002

RyanC says thanks to SciMania for this post.
Old 02-12-2011 at 09:24 AM   #4
bernas3

do i have to use this system though? I did this on Friday (yesterday) but its saying that it might take as long as two weeks. and I need them for Tuesday. Im not usually late for these things but I just dont understand why McMaster would need high school grades after 3 years of studying here
Old 02-12-2011 at 10:17 AM   #5
SciMania
Elite Member

Quote:
do i have to use this system though? I did this on Friday (yesterday) but its saying that it might take as long as two weeks. and I need them for Tuesday. Im not usually late for these things but I just dont understand why McMaster would need high school grades after 3 years of studying here
You do have to use that system. When I requested one back in October, they let me order over the phone but now I suppose since its busy season they won't allow phone requests. I tried to talk to them over the phone over some other issue but they don't pick up the phone so there's no way to rush order them.

Alternatively you could use the form and say someone will pick it up for you. That's not very convenient though since they are located in aurora...

why is mcmaster asking for hs grades?
Old 02-12-2011 at 10:26 AM   #6
bernas3

hey,
so if I tell them that someone will pick it up do you think I can get them sooner?
I am applying for the accelerated nursing program and for some reason they require my high school grades even though ive been at McMaster for 3 years.
Im worried that if I dont get the transcript by Tuesday then all my hard work (with the application) will go to waste. :(
Old 02-12-2011 at 10:39 AM   #7
SciMania
Elite Member

Quote:
hey,
so if I tell them that someone will pick it up do you think I can get them sooner?
I am applying for the accelerated nursing program and for some reason they require my high school grades even though ive been at McMaster for 3 years.
Im worried that if I dont get the transcript by Tuesday then all my hard work (with the application) will go to waste. :(
If you say that someone will pick it up its quite possible that you can get it earlier. I'm not totally sure if the whole thing still applies with them having to call you first for your credit card info, but i can't see why that would be the case.

Hopefully they will just let you pay for it when the person goes to pick it up. It's worth a try, try filling out another form and instead of having them mail it just pick the option of picking it up and enter the pickup date for monday.

Hopefully it works out!!