MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Second year Life Sciences- taking only 4 courses second term pink_cupcake Academics 2 07-13-2010 10:48 PM
selling 1st year Life sciences books - half price and new condition! magicalland Academics 2 05-16-2009 01:58 PM

Hola! First Year Life Sciences :)

Old 06-20-2010 at 05:30 PM   #1
tatski-p

Liked: 35 Times

Hola! First Year Life Sciences :)
Hello all!

I've actually been a member of the forum for over a year now, but I've just recently found the need to start posting.

I will be starting my first year of Life Sciences this September and am really eager to immerse myself in the university life. I will be living off campus and commuting. My academic interests span a wide variety of fields so I am unsure as to which program I plan on pursuing second year, but would like to keep my options open to accommodate as many programs as possible. I plan on taking French 1A06 as my elective, so if anyone else is as well we should get in touch!

Outside of school my interests are just as broad. I'm an avid music listener and do not restrict myself to one genre of music; I enjoy everything from Metal to Latin to Club music. I love traveling, exploring areas I've never been, reading anything I can get my hands on, playing the guitar, dancing (anywhere, really), volunteering, and smothering my cat with hugs (I keep telling myself I will not become a crazy cat lady).

I'm very open to meeting new people so feel free to introduce yourselves! =)
Old 06-20-2010 at 05:59 PM   #2
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Enjoy Mac, although I'm sensing you might miss welcome week due to commuting |:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatski-p View Post
(I keep telling myself I will not become a crazy cat lady).
I told myself I wouldn't become a crazy cat man.

I currently have 3 cats, and thanks to my roommates, take care of another 2 when I'm in Hamilton.

So good luck with that
Old 06-20-2010 at 07:16 PM   #3
tatski-p

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF_CHAN View Post
Enjoy Mac, although I'm sensing you might miss welcome week due to commuting |:

I told myself I wouldn't become a crazy cat man.

I currently have 3 cats, and thanks to my roommates, take care of another 2 when I'm in Hamilton.

So good luck with that
Haha, don't tell me you're hooked on that baby voice when you talk to them, too.

And I'll be commuting from East-End Hamilton, so I'm hoping that won't deter me from the experience too much ...?
Old 06-20-2010 at 07:48 PM   #4
Shananaghens

Liked: 3 Times

You shouldn't miss too too much! I commuted for first year from Burlington and didn't miss too much of Welcome week, maybe just the stuff to do with specific residences!
Old 06-20-2010 at 10:58 PM   #5
JeetDevDesai

lol i am not a cat person but heyy guys i am in life sci too and living off-campus!
Old 06-20-2010 at 11:04 PM   #6
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatski-p View Post
Haha, don't tell me you're hooked on that baby voice when you talk to them, too.

>____>

<____<

...Maybe?
Old 06-20-2010 at 11:10 PM   #7
JeetDevDesai

lol how about i am not adog person either?
Old 06-20-2010 at 11:21 PM   #8
mlangille

Liked: 14 Times

Commuting definitely wont impact your experience too much....I commuted from the Stoney Creek mtn and will most likely be doing so the next 3 years

In terms of Welcome Week..since you are living off campus I DEFINITELY recommend participating with SOCS (Society of Off-Campus Students)..this is how I participated last year and will be a SOCS rep this year so if you have any questions about Welcome Week or anything Mac related in general just ask & hope you have a blast at Mac!
Old 06-20-2010 at 11:50 PM   #9
tatski-p

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF_CHAN View Post
>____>

<____<

...Maybe?
Haha, with three cats I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

mlangille - Hey I've read quite a bit about SOCS and would love to get involved. I'll definitely be in contact with you if I have any questions!
Old 06-23-2010 at 11:40 PM   #10
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

ooo... known about MI for a year and just about to enter first year? You definitely do your homework on your future schools!

Welcome to MI (officially) and hope to see you around in the forums!