MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Opinions about my Timetable theboywho2 Academics 10 06-25-2012 11:14 AM
Opinions on my new timetable EngineBoy First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-25-2011 09:08 PM
Be honest... BillyShears Gaming 27 02-24-2011 12:34 AM
Opinions on the strike oakster15 General Discussion 88 11-05-2009 11:51 AM

Honest opinions...

Old 08-21-2012 at 11:42 PM   #1
SweetyTweety
Elite Member

Liked: 165 Times

Honest opinions...
Do you believe that with an excellent personality, the most unattractive girl in the world can get any guy she wants (given that she has all the time in the world to make him fall for her)?

Last edited by SweetyTweety : 08-22-2012 at 06:12 PM.

Afsha-noon likes this.
Old 08-21-2012 at 11:48 PM   #2
sinnersdrown

Liked: 89 Times

It's possible, as long as there aren't self-centered guys who choose girls based on their looks. But I've found that there aren't that many guys like that and you can find a lot that go for personality.
Old 08-22-2012 at 12:13 AM   #3
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

Yes except that it kind of has to be done via anonymous means first such as instant messaging/texting because humans instinctively judge the moment you see appearance. Even if you aren't a judgemental person the brain forms thoughts/ideas in your head for you.

taayholds likes this.
Old 08-22-2012 at 12:14 AM   #4
Afsha-noon

Liked: 11 Times

I think with the right amount of time, she'd be able to win over almost any guy (even if they choose off of looks) but tbh.. I'm pretty sure there are some people out there that JUST want looks anyway and are concerned with that so maybe not ANY guy but probably 99%.
That is, also not every guy taking into account sexual orientation, hehe.
Old 08-22-2012 at 12:16 AM   #5
Afsha-noon

Liked: 11 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeoku View Post
Yes except that it kind of has to be done via anonymous means first such as instant messaging/texting because humans instinctively judge the moment you see appearance. Even if you aren't a judgemental person the brain forms thoughts/ideas in your head for you.
Yeah, that's true as well. But perhaps she could overcome that original judgement? :/
I mean, maybe with a good amount of time..?
Old 08-22-2012 at 12:36 AM   #6
SweetyTweety
Elite Member

I agree, Afshan.
I think when girls blame their looks for not being able to get a guy, it's just because they don't want to face the fact that they either need to fix their personality or they're just not the guy's type.

..and yes, obviously I'm only talking about straight men..

Last edited by SweetyTweety : 08-22-2012 at 12:42 AM.

Afsha-noon likes this.
Old 08-22-2012 at 12:45 AM   #7
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Liked: 60 Times

The most unattractive girl in the world? Personality is key, but if she's the most unattractive girl in the world or anywhere near that category then good luck. A key requirement is two people need to be physically attracted to each other. It doesn't have to be overwhelming attraction but there has to be a physical connection as well as an emotional one.

Same goes the other way (to perhaps a lesser extent)...if a girl has no personality/ethics...personally I wouldn't care if she was the hottest or most beautiful girl in the world I wouldn't want her. She wouldn't be beautiful she'd be ugly.

Kudos likes this.
Old 08-22-2012 at 01:00 AM   #8
apples12

Liked: 91 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetyTweety View Post
Do you believe that with an excellent personality, the most unattractive girl in the world can get any guy she wants (given that she has all the time in the world to make him fall for her)?

p.s... this is merely out of curiosity and not a reflection of my lack of self confidence at all haha
No, I don't think so.

...and that does not necessarily mean the guy is 'shallow' or anything.
Old 08-22-2012 at 01:16 AM   #9
guerilla

Liked: 33 Times

Why are you all lying?

Of course not... the most unattractive women in the world can't get any man she wants because looks subconsciously play a large role in one's perception of their personality.

People who say personality is everything live in a dream world...

Old 08-22-2012 at 01:34 AM   #10
SweetyTweety
Elite Member

I love how the positive answers are from girls and the honest answers are from guys..

But I also think that the guys are taking this a little more literal than the girls.
Obviously I'm not talking about a 600 pound woman with a beard and a mustache.
I just couldn't figure out a way to get everyone to think on the same level of "unattractiveness ".

To me, unattractive just means very plain.
Not the kind of girl everyone stares at because she's so ugly,
but not the kind of girl guys would stare at because she's good looking, either.

--again, this has nothing to do with what I think of myself... haha
Old 08-22-2012 at 03:24 AM   #11
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Liked: 227 Times

Quote:

I just couldn't figure out a way to get everyone to think on the same level of "unattractiveness ".

but not the kind of girl guys would stare at because she's good looking, either.
Well that's not the most unattractive girl in the world then, is it?

But to answer your question, no. No unattractive girl can get any man she wants. It goes the other way around too.
Old 08-22-2012 at 03:24 AM   #12
sinnersdrown

Quote:
I love how the positive answers are from girls and the honest answers are from guys..

But I also think that the guys are taking this a little more literal than the girls.

--again, this has nothing to do with what I think of myself... haha
The guys in this thread are just looking at the implicit detail of the description "most unattractive girl" and are brushing aside the fact that she could not get a guy because of the way you worded it.

I get that but if the girl is merely plain looking she can easily get a guy. Personally, I've seen many couples together that don't have the most attractive girl yet somehow managed to work out for them.

I think it's possible, and even if there's an unattractive girl who can't find a decent looking guy, she could just as easily find an unattractive guy interested in her.
Old 08-22-2012 at 03:32 AM   #13
sinnersdrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Fire View Post
Well that's not the most unattractive girl in the world then, is it?

But to answer your question, no. No unattractive girl can get any man she wants. It goes the other way around too.
She may not be able to get any man she wants but she could get a man, that is possible.

MacPack likes this.
Old 08-22-2012 at 03:53 AM   #14
SweetyTweety
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnersdrown View Post
She may not be able to get any man she wants but she could get a man, that is possible.
Well obviously any girl can get *a* man... but say an extremely good looking girl with an average personality and an "unattractive" girl with a great personality (ie. sense of humor, kind, laid back, easy to talk to, etc.) were to compete for the same man's affection...

..who is he most likely to choose?
Old 08-22-2012 at 04:20 AM   #15
sinnersdrown

Quote:
Well obviously any girl can get *a* man... but say an extremely good looking girl with an average personality and an "unattractive" girl with a great personality (ie. sense of humor, kind, laid back, easy to talk to, etc.) were to compete for the same man's affection...

..who is he most likely to choose?
That is entirely dependent on the guy himself and how he views girls and what he may want out of the relationship. If that guy himself decides to choose looks and attraction over personality then he'll obviously go for the good looking girl, but I doubt that relationship would be the best and he'd soon find out her personality sucks. But if the guy wants a good relationship and great personality out of a girl, then he would choose the "unattractive girl" over the good looking one. So like I said, it's not impossible to find those kind of guys today in society.