MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
conditional acceptance drpatel General Discussion 9 06-23-2012 09:29 PM
conditional acceptance question Unregistered First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 03-20-2012 08:52 PM
Conditional Acceptance? husayn12 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 05-14-2011 12:45 PM
program size of honors molecular biology and genetics? shreya s. General Discussion 2 07-21-2009 01:24 PM

Honors biology conditional acceptance

Old 05-28-2013 at 12:46 PM   #1
AnanC206
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 2 Times

Honors biology conditional acceptance
So I checked my grade report and underneath Honors Biology (one of the programs i applied to) it says: MUST COMPLETE PHYS 1B03 OR 1L03 WITH AT LEAST A B BY THE END OF LEVEL 2. Does this mean i'm accepted and I need to do this in the fall? I'm just confused because it doesn't actually say conditional acceptance.
Old 05-28-2013 at 12:50 PM   #2
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

Yeah you just have to complete the course before you finish second year. So either this summer or next year.

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine

AnanC206 says thanks to L'Étoile for this post.
Old 05-28-2013 at 12:55 PM   #3
AnanC206
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Étoile View Post
Yeah you just have to complete the course before you finish second year. So either this summer or next year.
Thank you! i was just confused because nowhere does it actually say conditional admission like the other programs I applied to. What happens if I don't get a B in the physics course though? Do you get kicked out of the program? Also I see you're in the biology program! Would you say its a good program?
Old 05-29-2013 at 08:08 AM   #4
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

If you get below a B in Physics you don't stay in the program and will be placed in a general Science program, you can then later switch into Life Sci or Honours Life Sci depending on your cumulative average.

Honestly, this program is one of the best in terms of giving you enough freedom to either take hard biology classes, take a thesis or not, or take a lot of perquisite courses required for professional school.

I choose Biology because I wanted to specialize in something rather than having a degree in Life Sciences only. The program is great because I still had the chance to choose not to do a thesis and to have enough elective space to take any perquisites I needed for dental school or for my minor (which is a Psychology minor). I had enough elective spaces to do both a minor and any perquisites required for dental school! It's a great program.

Don't get me wrong I took a ton of hard biology classes and very few "bird courses" which what helped alot during my applications to dental school.

Good luck!

Old 05-29-2013 at 04:35 PM   #5
gunsnroses

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
If you get below a B in Physics you don't stay in the program and will be placed in a general Science program, you can then later switch into Life Sci or Honours Life Sci depending on your cumulative average.

Honestly, this program is one of the best in terms of giving you enough freedom to either take hard biology classes, take a thesis or not, or take a lot of perquisite courses required for professional school.

I choose Biology because I wanted to specialize in something rather than having a degree in Life Sciences only. The program is great because I still had the chance to choose not to do a thesis and to have enough elective space to take any perquisites I needed for dental school or for my minor (which is a Psychology minor). I had enough elective spaces to do both a minor and any perquisites required for dental school! It's a great program.

Don't get me wrong I took a ton of hard biology classes and very few "bird courses" which what helped alot during my applications to dental school.

Good luck!

I got a B- in the Physics 1B03, and my firend got a C- in physics iB03.

We both got accepted into the program. Does this mean we will be kicked out?!
Old 05-29-2013 at 05:31 PM   #6
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsnroses View Post

no, youre fine.
Old 05-29-2013 at 07:14 PM   #7
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsnroses View Post

No as "Silver" mentioned you both are fine since both are accepted unconditionally. I am not aware of the circumstances that have led to the OP being accepted conditionally. However, his conditions do not apply to everyone in the program.

Old 05-29-2013 at 09:47 PM   #8
gunsnroses

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
No as "Silver" mentioned you both are fine since both are accepted unconditionally. I am not aware of the circumstances that have led to the OP being accepted conditionally. However, his conditions do not apply to everyone in the program.

Okay thanks!

That's a relief!