MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Some of the Best Movies Just Aren't From Around Here mike_302 Movies & Television 33 04-15-2010 01:46 AM
Baw Movies lawleypop Movies & Television 69 12-15-2009 02:25 AM
EPIC 3 WORD STORY... TYPED... AKA, an english major's horror, aka REALLY RANDOM killza General Discussion 30 07-14-2009 06:23 PM

Horror Movies!

Old 08-31-2009 at 01:11 PM   #1
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Horror Movies!
Alright so I love watching horror movies, even though most of them are lame/not scary, but what are some that you guys enjoyed?

I watch My Bloody Valentine yesterday, and the plot twists were pretty good I must say, but not scary in the least
Old 08-31-2009 at 01:12 PM   #2
Fight0
Elite Member

Liked: 141 Times

The Shining is epic, and more recently, Let the Right One In is amazing.
Old 08-31-2009 at 01:20 PM   #3
alessandro91

Liked: 3 Times

I watched Manos the Hands of Fate recently, after hearing it is the worst film that has ever been made in the history of time (even though I would not classify it as a horror film). Well...it is. If you would like a laugh, I suggest you watch it (here's the wikipedia link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/index.html?curid=2463 55). But, the Shining is a really awesome horror movie. My favourite is probably the Silence of the Lambs, though. I thought it was really well done.
Old 08-31-2009 at 01:23 PM   #4
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

The Exorcist. Just the first one.
The Exorcism of Emily Rose
Amityville Horror

Ill have to raid my collection at home after work for more
Old 08-31-2009 at 01:31 PM   #5
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight0 View Post
omg! how did I forget The Shining?!
Old 08-31-2009 at 01:57 PM   #6
Harlequin

Liked: 35 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight0 View Post
Let The Right One was great. There are a lot of French horror flicks that aren't like the traditional Hollywood crappy horror, but they're good. Inside, Martyrs and Frontiers are good...they're all pretty violent though and not everyone would like that.
Also...Audition and Ichi the Killer.
Old 08-31-2009 at 02:49 PM   #7
blackdragon
Elite Member

Some really good suggestions thanks guys :p

I say exorcism of emily rose.. wasnt that great. I started the exorcist but got bored. Ill try that again soon though. Amityville Horror ive wanted to see for over 3 years now, i should probably get down to it :p

I saw Mirrors, Dark Reel, and a few others lately. Mirrors was ok, dark reel was kind of lame.
Old 08-31-2009 at 02:56 PM   #8
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragon View Post
Some really good suggestions thanks guys :p

I say exorcism of emily rose.. wasnt that great. I started the exorcist but got bored. Ill try that again soon though. Amityville Horror ive wanted to see for over 3 years now, i should probably get down to it :p

I saw Mirrors, Dark Reel, and a few others lately. Mirrors was ok, dark reel was kind of lame.
Exorcism of Emily Rose is something I liked for 2 reasons: It's based on a true story, which I love, and I also love demonic possession. But it's an "acquired taste". The exorcist is a slow moving drama, and it's old by today's standards, but again....demonic possession, and a really good all round movie, especially for '73. If you don't belief in demons/spirits those movies won't phase you.
Old 08-31-2009 at 03:07 PM   #9
reeves
Jedi IRL

http://www.imdb.com/chart/horror

Some good ones on there
Old 08-31-2009 at 03:14 PM   #10
Bobby66
was offline, but

Liked: 84 Times

I don't know why but the grudge still scares me.

Old 08-31-2009 at 03:15 PM   #11
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby66 View Post
I don't know why but the grudge still scares me.
I watched the Japanese version and I was just more confused than scared... Especially since all the girls look similar >.<
Old 08-31-2009 at 03:21 PM   #12
blackdragon
Elite Member

I prefer movies that are newer. Anything in the 19xx usually doesnt appeal to me due to poor effects and graphics
Old 08-31-2009 at 03:28 PM   #13
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

The only movie that "scared" me was Poltergeist. The one with the mirrors. I was 8 years old. I couldn't walk to my bed without the lights on for an entire year because I had to walk by my mirror. Lmaooo.

Sometimes I wish I didn't have balls of steel. D:<

I don't have any suggestions since I haven't watched a good movie in a while, but a movie I've wanted to see is "Last House on the Left." It sounds pretty cool; parents taking revenge on their daughter's killer.

(Also, for the record: Didn't find Martyrs gory or too violent.) Someone show me something really gross and violent (although, no violence against animals please )

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 08-31-2009 at 03:36 PM   #14
Bobby66
was offline, but

Liked: 84 Times

Violent? Then you'll love 'last house on the left' - the uncensored version with the infamous rape scene.

Old 08-31-2009 at 03:38 PM   #15
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby66 View Post
Violent? Then you'll love 'last house on the left' - the uncensored version with the infamous rape scene.
:O:O:O:O

Awesuummmmmmmmmmmmmmm m.

I need to find me that version.

Edit: 2009 version or 1972 version?

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.