MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Some of the Best Movies Just Aren't From Around Here mike_302 Movies & Television 33 04-15-2010 01:46 AM
Baw Movies lawleypop Movies & Television 69 12-15-2009 02:25 AM
EPIC 3 WORD STORY... TYPED... AKA, an english major's horror, aka REALLY RANDOM killza General Discussion 30 07-14-2009 06:23 PM

Horror Movies!

Old 08-31-2009 at 03:45 PM   #16
Bobby66
was offline, but

Liked: 84 Times

2009 - its out for rent

Old 08-31-2009 at 03:48 PM   #17
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby66 View Post
2009 - its out for rent
I'm banned from Blockbuster. D:<

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 08-31-2009 at 03:48 PM   #18
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
I'm banned from Blockbuster. D:<
LOL

How does one get banned from a movie rental store?
Old 08-31-2009 at 03:51 PM   #19
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
LOL

How does one get banned from a movie rental store?
Omgz, don't laugh at me. XD

Long story short: they said we rented a PS3 game and it was 3 months late. They made us pay for it or we wouldn't be able to rent anymore. 2 weeks later, they said the same thing with an Xbox game and said if we didn't pay, we wouldn't be able to return. So, we didn't pay. Just as a sidenote: we've never owned a PS3 or Xbox. D:<

Old 08-31-2009 at 04:02 PM   #20
Bobby66
was offline, but

Liked: 84 Times

last house on the left 1

last house on the left 2

Cheers

Old 08-31-2009 at 04:05 PM   #21
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Omgz, don't laugh at me. XD

Long story short: they said we rented a PS3 game and it was 3 months late. They made us pay for it or we wouldn't be able to rent anymore. 2 weeks later, they said the same thing with an Xbox game and said if we didn't pay, we wouldn't be able to return. So, we didn't pay. Just as a sidenote: we've never owned a PS3 or Xbox. D:<
The one here pulled that shit with me a while back, for some kids cartoon. I don't have kids, my folks are in their 60s, my little bro is 22, and my roommates have all been roughly my age. not to mention my card is in my wallet, and no one uses it but me. Took a couple calls to head office, and several emails, but I got it fixed, and got a free rewards membership for the inconvenience
Old 08-31-2009 at 04:13 PM   #22
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

I watched the last house of the left, it wasnt that bad.. wasnt that great either. If you want violent, watch My Bloody Valentine
Old 08-31-2009 at 04:23 PM   #23
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Some pretty good horror movies I've seen over the past year are:

- Hellraiser - 1st one was good, second was meh, third was terrible and so were all the ones after it.... except Hellraiser: Inferno, which was pretty damn scary.

- Event Horizon - This one is one of those more Hollywood expensive horror movies, but it was still pretty good. One of the only legitimately scary horror movies I've seen in a while.

- Cannibal Holocaust - This one isn't really that scary (well, maybe to some), but it's really screwed up.

- Faces of Death - There are 5 of these I think, but only the first one is really worth watching. It's a compilation of various tapes (some faked) of basically crime / autopsy / horrible accident footage.

The last two are banned in Canada along with probably half of the other countries out there :p.
Old 08-31-2009 at 04:40 PM   #24
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
Some pretty good horror movies I've seen over the past year are:

- Hellraiser - 1st one was good, second was meh, third was terrible and so were all the ones after it.... except Hellraiser: Inferno, which was pretty damn scary.

- Event Horizon - This one is one of those more Hollywood expensive horror movies, but it was still pretty good. One of the only legitimately scary horror movies I've seen in a while.

- Cannibal Holocaust - This one isn't really that scary (well, maybe to some), but it's really screwed up.

- Faces of Death - There are 5 of these I think, but only the first one is really worth watching. It's a compilation of various tapes (some faked) of basically crime / autopsy / horrible accident footage.

The last two are banned in Canada along with probably half of the other countries out there :p.
Nice suggestions, I haven't seen any of them and I haven't even heard of the last 3. I think I'ma have me a movie marathon tonight. ^_^

Also, this isn't exactly a horror movie, but a movie I've always found really interesting was "Cube." (The first one is the best. The 2nd and 3rd get repetitive). It's probably the 2nd best Canadian film out there (Bon Cop Bad Cop being the first XD)

Old 08-31-2009 at 04:48 PM   #25
Infinity
Elite Member

Liked: 90 Times

Silent Hill

Best Video Game Movie out there and its pretty scary.
Old 08-31-2009 at 04:50 PM   #26
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelp View Post
Silent Hill

Best Video Game Movie out there and its pretty scary.
Best video game and movie out there eh... it wasn't directed by Uwe Boll was it ?
Old 08-31-2009 at 04:52 PM   #27
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
Best video game and movie out there eh... it wasn't directed by Uwe Boll was it ?
Wasn't he a basketball player in the 90's? :|
Old 08-31-2009 at 05:03 PM   #28
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
Wasn't he a basketball player in the 90's? :|
lol, no. He's rated as the worst director of all time; and his "specialty" is making movies based off of video games. If you ever have time, read his wikipedia article, it's pretty funny. Every time critics piss him off, he challenges them to a boxing match (he was apparently a semi-professional boxer at some point of something :p). He also apparently challenged Michael Bay.
Old 08-31-2009 at 05:16 PM   #29
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
lol, no. He's rated as the worst director of all time; and his "specialty" is making movies based off of video games. If you ever have time, read his wikipedia article, it's pretty funny. Every time critics piss him off, he challenges them to a boxing match (he was apparently a semi-professional boxer at some point of something :p). He also apparently challenged Michael Bay.
Wow, i was way off lol. That guy seems seriously deranged.
Old 08-31-2009 at 05:22 PM   #30
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

As a side note, Uwe Boll once tried asking to make a World of Warcraft movie and Blizzard basically said something along the lines of "we'll never sell the rights to you, especially you" and that if he made a movie all it'll do is drag down the game's popularity. I lol'd

On topic: I liked the movie "The Strangers".

I prefer horror movies that either try scaring you psychologically (e.g. atmosphere and stuff) or supernatural stuff (like ghosts),
as opposed to movies where the extent of the scares is to just have characters die bloody deaths (though I liked Final Destination as well)