Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
house vs apartment Chevalier Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 15 02-10-2011 10:49 PM
House lawleypop General Discussion 12 10-19-2009 09:05 PM

House Md!

Old 02-09-2012 at 09:06 PM   #1
drpatel

Liked: 70 Times

House Md!
So after 8 seasons Fox has decided to end the show House after this season's over. what do you guys think about it?

http://tvguide.ca/TVNews/Articles/12...cancelle d_GD
Old 02-09-2012 at 09:10 PM   #2
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

I've been watching that show every week for 8 years. I still remember when they switched it from Tuesdays to Mondays. I am pretty sad that the show is ending, but..it's had its time. The actors are ending off on a nice, fresh clean note with a lot more resolution to House's world than last season or any of the ones before. I would rather remember the show at its best and so, while I'm not ecstatic about it, I am okay with their decision.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 02-09-2012 at 09:18 PM   #3
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Don't watch it any more, lost its appeal to me
Old 02-09-2012 at 09:32 PM   #4
drpatel

totally agree-the show has lost its tone from the high ages ("IT'S NOT LUPUS") but it's still an amazing show. there's a different tone now, a little more unpredictable imo, rather than the same week after week formula of failed diagnoses...although the final brainwave that House gets every time will always be the best
and yeah, rather the show end when it's still worth it rather than fade into anonymity /become a bad show and be remembered as "just another medical drama"
Old 02-09-2012 at 10:02 PM   #5
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

IMO if they wanted to preserve it's legacy as best as possible, they should have ended it a few seasons ago. While the newer episodes had certain bright spots, they were few and far between.

At least they ended it now before it ended up being even more dilapidated.

Harlequin, JEFF_CHAN like this.
Old 02-10-2012 at 12:34 AM   #6
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

i never used to miss it when it started... then it lost its edge a few years ago and i stopped watching.. the last season watched was the one wher he had a batch of doctors that he assigned numbers and was narrowing them down to form a team
Old 02-10-2012 at 05:42 AM   #7
muons

Liked: 84 Times

It was such an awesome show back in the day. At least Greys seems to have hope for another season.
Old 02-10-2012 at 09:32 AM   #8
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

You should all re-watch the episodes and read this. It makes it a hundred times more fun, in my opinion.
Old 02-10-2012 at 10:34 AM   #9
Reno V

Liked: 38 Times

Yeah, stopped watching a while back. Although for different reasons
Old 02-10-2012 at 10:48 AM   #10
ZSimon
Elite Member

Liked: 311 Times

And NOTHING of value was lost that day
Old 02-10-2012 at 10:23 PM   #11
catherined93
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 0 Times

Kinda expected this to happen after Cuddy left..
Old 02-10-2012 at 10:54 PM   #12
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

I think the show got tiring for a lot of people, but it's not meant to be as dynamic as Grey's Anatomy. House is a doctor, who himself is a patient. He's not going to change as readily and he's not going to "get better" in a year or any given season. No matter what happened, they stayed true to the character, which after all these episodes deserves applause. Yes, some things got stale, but the character evolved slowly and painful. You grew with House, even though it felt like pulling teeth at times, and sure, he relapsed and sank back to his addictions. But that's...how it works. To me, House was more than just "good TV", it was a real depiction of how somebody like House could exist at a personal level (a lot of the administrative stuff might not have happened IRL) and how he'd change. I will miss that show.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

drpatel likes this.
Old 02-10-2012 at 11:15 PM   #13
drpatel

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews.inc View Post
I think the show got tiring for a lot of people, but it's not meant to be as dynamic as Grey's Anatomy. House is a doctor, who himself is a patient. He's not going to change as readily and he's not going to "get better" in a year or any given season. No matter what happened, they stayed true to the character, which after all these episodes deserves applause. Yes, some things got stale, but the character evolved slowly and painful. You grew with House, even though it felt like pulling teeth at times, and sure, he relapsed and sank back to his addictions. But that's...how it works. To me, House was more than just "good TV", it was a real depiction of how somebody like House could exist at a personal level (a lot of the administrative stuff might not have happened IRL) and how he'd change. I will miss that show.
I agree with you here, House was definately about the character development and every move was about "what's he going to do next, wow this guy". I think i stated this earlier but i like the turn the show took at the beginning of this season-manipulating Foreman and forcing him to think like House. Think back, waaay back to when Foreman quit...remember he couldn't find a job anywhere? He'd been around House too long and his methods were becoming as unorthodox as House's...so now, possibly...is Foreman the new House? One would think that since he quit...then came back...he just couldn't get enough of House?