MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for 1 housemate! Breathein. Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 0 02-13-2011 02:21 PM
Looking for one housemate! MelMac Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 0 02-10-2011 05:21 PM
Need One More Housemate! greena27 Residence & Housing 0 02-08-2011 06:35 PM

housemate hate

Old 02-16-2011 at 02:59 PM   #1
manap3000
Account Locked

Liked: 64 Times

housemate hate
i hate one of my housemates dan, the dude is just a straight up slimeball and only talks to me when he needs stuff. However my good friends corey and keith don't see dan in the same light, I really don't wan't to live with this guy next year, what are some good ways to turn corey and keith against dan, and expose him as the slimeball he really is?
Old 02-20-2011 at 12:50 PM   #2
mfattal
Elite Member

Liked: 85 Times

not sure really, just tell him/her why u really hate them or tell ur other house mates they might find something to help u out
Old 02-20-2011 at 01:13 PM   #3
Mahratta
Elite Member

Liked: 366 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by manap3000 View Post
i hate one of my housemates dan, the dude is just a straight up slimeball and only talks to me when he needs stuff. However my good friends corey and keith don't see dan in the same light, I really don't wan't to live with this guy next year, what are some good ways to turn corey and keith against dan, and expose him as the slimeball he really is?
Maybe your good friends are right and you're wrong. Instead of turning your house into an episode of Survivor, maybe you should just look for new housemates for next year

danallan likes this.
Old 02-20-2011 at 01:21 PM   #4
SciMania
Elite Member

Liked: 74 Times

I don't think you should turn your other 2 housemates against him, that's not really fair...they are probably capable of judging for themselves.

Is your issue that you want to live with the other 2 but not the one you don't get along with for next year? If so, then maybe you should try working out your issues with the one you don't like and see if there's a way you can still continue to live together.

If you're okay with moving out on your own then why not just do that to get away from him if you really don't like him? Although this probably isn't ideal for you...

But maybe think of some mature ways to approach it rather than create trouble amongst everyone else because that could result in worse outcomes.
Old 02-20-2011 at 01:30 PM   #5
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

And Dan's the slimeball?

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 02-20-2011 at 01:48 PM   #6
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 468 Times

do you really think it's a good idea to use their names?

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)

alh24, Biochem47, danallan like this.
Old 02-20-2011 at 01:55 PM   #7
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamescw1234 View Post
do you really think it's a good idea to use their names?
Pretty generic names...could be anyone.
Old 02-20-2011 at 02:05 PM   #8
siefer1322

Liked: 96 Times

Quote:
wow dude, you had to go and post on mac insiders about dan? You know he reads this sometimes right? You know we already talked about this, but anyway he hasn't done anything wrong and you should just go paintballing with him, my mom can drive us. I'll ask if keith if he wants to come, but I think he has work tomorrow... dude don't worry everything is going to be fine and he say's ur just mad at him because he beat you at balloon game in mario kart like 10 times in a row...

danallan, xxsumz, _Luu_ all say thanks to siefer1322 for this post.

Old 02-20-2011 at 02:17 PM   #9
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by siefer1322 View Post
wow dude, you had to go and post on mac insiders about dan? You know he reads this sometimes right? You know we already talked about this, but anyway he hasn't done anything wrong and you should just go paintballing with him, my mom can drive us. I'll ask if keith if he wants to come, but I think he has work tomorrow... dude don't worry everything is going to be fine and he say's ur just mad at him because he beat you at balloon game in mario kart like 10 times in a row...
I can't stop laughing at this.

Afzal, murgling like this.
Old 02-20-2011 at 02:50 PM   #10
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Liked: 357 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by siefer1322 View Post
is this for real?

Afzal, Biochem47 like this.
Old 02-20-2011 at 03:36 PM   #11
Serene
Elite Member

Liked: 173 Times

Just use the 3s principle, it solves everything:

Seduction, sedation and suction.
Old 02-22-2011 at 03:36 PM   #12
manap3000
Account Locked

lol @ corey

but seriously dan is a slimeball, I really don't wan't to live with him next year, he's lazy and manipulative in the worst way, short of him failing (which he might on account of he's so lazy) im not sure what to do so i don't live with him next year.

-one more interesting thing to note: dans been lying to us this whole time about how he's doing so well in school blah blah, but one time he had his avenue open and i got copied print screens of all his marks, they suck biggg time, he failed 2 courses last semester. Im thinking of blackmailing him with these, thoughts?

-Im NOT going to tell corey and keith i have his marks b/c they'll probably think that's a slimy thing to do and i can't be trusted

and im not the sociopath, dan is, i need to protect my friends from this a sshole

Last edited by manap3000 : 02-22-2011 at 03:41 PM.
Old 02-22-2011 at 03:52 PM   #13
alh24
Elite Member

Liked: 243 Times

Quote:
lol @ corey

but seriously dan is a slimeball, I really don't wan't to live with him next year, he's lazy and manipulative in the worst way, short of him failing (which he might on account of he's so lazy) im not sure what to do so i don't live with him next year.

-one more interesting thing to note: dans been lying to us this whole time about how he's doing so well in school blah blah, but one time he had his avenue open and i got copied print screens of all his marks, they suck biggg time, he failed 2 courses last semester. Im thinking of blackmailing him with these, thoughts?

-Im NOT going to tell corey and keith i have his marks b/c they'll probably think that's a slimy thing to do and i can't be trusted

and im not the sociopath, dan is, i need to protect my friends from this a sshole
Yeah, that is a shady thing to do.

That's a really terrible situation. One of my housemates is a complete slob and is pretty inconsiderate, but he's also afraid of angry girls and one of my housemates' bitchiness has managed to keep him in check, so that keeps him in check for the most part lately. Yay, estrogen!

Really, all you can do is talk to your other housemates. If they don't agree with your opinion of him, he's not going anywhere. It seems like your only options are to put up with him for the next year, try to talk to him in an effort to work out your issues, or find another house. Playing pranks on him or trying to turn your other housemates against him, and that would just make you look like an ass.

Last edited by alh24 : 02-22-2011 at 03:54 PM.
Old 02-22-2011 at 04:00 PM   #14
manap3000
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh24 View Post
Yeah, that is a shady thing to do.

That's a really terrible situation. One of my housemates is a complete slob and is pretty inconsiderate, but he's also afraid of angry girls and one of my housemates' bitchiness has managed to keep him in check, so that keeps him in check for the most part lately. Yay, estrogen!

Really, all you can do is talk to your other housemates. If they don't agree with your opinion of him, he's not going anywhere. It seems like your only options are to put up with him for the next year, try to talk to him in an effort to work out your issues, or find another house. Playing pranks on him or trying to turn your other housemates against him, and that would just make you look like an ass.
Yeah I think im going to wait until he let's the group down, and then bad mouth him in a tactful way, I just hate loud mouth bastards who r full of s-hit
Old 02-22-2011 at 04:02 PM   #15
alh24
Elite Member

Liked: 243 Times

Quote:
Yeah I think im going to wait until he let's the group down, and then bad mouth him in a tactful way, I just hate loud mouth bastards who r full of s-hit
This part made me laugh.

Most people I know have at least one housemate who is a pain in the ass, but you don't want to make yourself into one by handling it poorly.

Do you have to talk to him? As in, do you come in contact with him often? My annoying housemate lives upstairs, so I rarely see him. Maybe once or twice a week.