MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How's my Timetable? Gorn Academics 3 06-19-2012 06:17 AM
how's second year? luna General Discussion 18 08-30-2011 06:38 PM
How's my timetable look so far? omgwtfitsp First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 08-15-2011 12:44 PM
How's your first day?! lawleypop General Discussion 53 09-11-2009 12:29 PM
How's This Course Load? zango First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 07-08-2008 08:14 PM

How's commuting?

Old 07-30-2012 at 01:34 PM   #46
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

For the HSR you just have to be an MSU member (18+units). Your student card sticker will have the "HSR" section on it.

karsyliss says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 07-30-2012 at 07:41 PM   #47
karsyliss

Liked: 5 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon.john23 View Post
Yup 47G stops are all car pools and terminals, since its the only bus that operate on that route on Saturday. Its pretty much like the 47 on a weeekday.
How about the one that stops at York U? Is that route any convenient?
Old 07-30-2012 at 11:38 PM   #48
jon.john23
Elite Member

Liked: 130 Times

correct me if im wrong. But i think thats the 47. Its alright i guess, alot of ppls on that bus considering it stops at carpool lots and all those ppl heading to Sq one and Bramalea, so it tends to be full and you may have to stand.

I guess you have to take that if you dont catch a 47A

karsyliss says thanks to jon.john23 for this post.
Old 07-31-2012 at 06:19 AM   #49
BlueWave

Liked: 16 Times

Question:

Is presto cheaper than buying a monthly pass (for example a monthly pass between Square One and McMaster is $231)

How does presto know that you are a regular commuter. Wouldn't presto charge you $8.25 each time. $4.12 when you tap on and $4.13 when you tap off?

Thanks!
Old 08-02-2012 at 12:07 PM   #50
karsyliss

Liked: 5 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWave View Post
Question:

Is presto cheaper than buying a monthly pass (for example a monthly pass between Square One and McMaster is $231)

How does presto know that you are a regular commuter. Wouldn't presto charge you $8.25 each time. $4.12 when you tap on and $4.13 when you tap off?

Thanks!
What's Presto? I think I might have heard of it but yeah..
Old 08-02-2012 at 12:31 PM   #51
pinkprincess

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWave View Post
Question:

Thanks!
It actually does end up being cheaper. My regular monthly pass costs $143ish. With presto, my monthly cost will end up being $121ish. Wish is less than it was before this year's price increase!

It keeps track how many trips you've taken. I recently checked mine online; every time I travelled the same trip, it counts it. The last trip I took in July was my 20th. It also keeps track of what stage you're at, which determines your discount.
Stage 1 is 1-30 rides where you get 15%; Stage 2 is 31-40 rides where you get 95% off; Stage 3 is 41+ rides where you get 100% off...so you'll basically be travelling for free at that point.
Old 08-02-2012 at 12:34 PM   #52
jon.john23
Elite Member

Liked: 130 Times

Presto is a system where you fill you account with money which you can use on most transit systems, like GO, Mississauga, Burlington, HSR...

It doesn't "know" if your a regular commuter, but there is a student discount if you register your card as a student at a GO station. Also it keeps a count of your trips and something like the 30th trip is free. Not entirely sure on how it works out to be cheaper... It prolly charges u a lil less than 8.25. Plus the transaction history is a nigthmare to understand!

Personally im gonna switch back to monthly passes when school starts.

**sorry, the post above wasnt there when i was replyin **
Old 08-02-2012 at 12:35 PM   #53
pinkprincess

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsyliss View Post
What's Presto? I think I might have heard of it but yeah..
It's basically a card that you load money onto instead of buying tickets. It's a "pay as you go" type of thing. I defiantly recommend it because it saves you some money.
Old 08-02-2012 at 03:08 PM   #54
drpatel

Liked: 70 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkprincess View Post
It's basically a card that you load money onto instead of buying tickets. It's a "pay as you go" type of thing. I defiantly recommend it because it saves you some money.
and soo soo soo much more conveient than carrying GO pass, MIWay tickets, Brampton Transit tickets and/or TTC tickets!

karsyliss likes this.