MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How's the Outlet Situation? Fatalis First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 07-09-2011 10:30 AM
How's your first day?! lawleypop General Discussion 53 09-11-2009 12:29 PM
how's my timetable? k2s8262 Academics 9 08-17-2008 12:34 AM
How's my timetable? MacEng First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 46 08-13-2008 02:55 PM
How's This Course Load? zango First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 07-08-2008 08:14 PM

How's my lifesci timetable?

Old 08-14-2011 at 03:21 AM   #1
winter02

Liked: 7 Times

How's my lifesci timetable?
So after all the SOLAR rage and not getting on for 15 hours =_=, I ended up changing nothing. So, how does my timetable look? For term 1, I originally wanted C01 for MATH 1LS3 as lovric is teaching it, but it would conflict with chem and the core I wanted would conflict with bio (chain reaction ><) So i ended up not changing anything. For term 2, i absolutely did not want 5 8:30 classes so I had C02 for chem, but changing that would conflict with Psych, as well as the physics lab which every other lab is already full. Anyways, after all the analyzing, I decided to change the psych online lecture for term 1 to another date for term 1 to minimize the classes as I have math, bio lecture then a bio lab in a row. Would monday be a good day to assign the psych lecture? and what time would you recommend?

P.S First picture is term 1, second is term 2. Anything else that I should consider changing?

Thanks for reading =P
Attached Images
File Type: jpg term 1.jpg (212.9 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg term 2.jpg (223.0 KB, 77 views)
Old 08-14-2011 at 03:29 PM   #2
FoodChemist

Liked: 2 Times

Hey, your first term looks ok just be aware if your math prof has a bad accent or isn't very enthusiastic it may be much harder to get yourself out of bed =P. Any day is fine for the psych lecture, it's a classroom type with more discussion-type with the TA than the usual prof-blah student-scribble. Btw, those bio labs will be a pain to prep so give some extra time for that.

For your term 2...hopefully you can change either the physics or chem...especially if you're not an early riser. It may help if you're living on res since everything is much closer. I had the same chem 8:30 slots as you when I was in first year, but I had a very enthusiastic prof (Dr. Valliant) who kept everyone awake and laughing every class. You may have the same case for either courses (phys/chem) so don't fret.

Even if you can't fit all 3 lecture slots to another core without a conflict you can always attend the first 1 or 2 classes at your scheduled time and drop into a later lecture the since there's bound to be more than one core for both physics 1B03 and chem 1aa3. Just be aware that it'll most likely be taught by a different prof and possibly moving at a slightly different pace.

Oh and don't forget to each a good lunch on your second term Mondays!

Last edited by FoodChemist : 08-14-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Old 08-14-2011 at 03:35 PM   #3
InsideMINDS

Liked: 11 Times

Looks pretty hectic. I didnt do my undergrad at McMaster so im not sure if that much class for life sci is normal.
Old 08-14-2011 at 03:40 PM   #4
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

First term looks fine. You have a lot of breaks and will only have 5 hours straight of classes once every other week.
Old 08-14-2011 at 04:10 PM   #5
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

It looks pretty normal for first-year life sci. The only bad part is the 8:30 classes every day in a row...although, I've had that before, and once you get used to it it's not so bad because you wake up at the same time every day, which is really what you're supposed to do for good sleeping habits.
Old 08-14-2011 at 05:28 PM   #6
winter02

Liked: 7 Times

Yeah, I wanted to keep physics cuz I heard the prof for the 8:30 class was one of the best. Im probably gonna change psych in term 1 to monday to give m extra time and for term 2, try to change chem and that physics lab =/