MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how's my timetable? k2s8262 Academics 9 08-17-2008 12:34 AM
How's my timetable? MacEng First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 46 08-13-2008 02:55 PM
How's This Course Load? zango First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 07-08-2008 08:14 PM

How's your first day?!

Old 09-10-2009 at 04:07 PM   #31
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Just so you know, your next class will be the same as your first class - useless. Up to you if you wanna wait it out. I'm sure they've gone over the academic dishonesty shpiel.
The other class was actually useful. at least to someone that is not fluent in ancient greek :p
Old 09-10-2009 at 05:57 PM   #32
adrian
Elite Member

Liked: 143 Times

Quote:
Well, you can't just leave it at that... XD EXPLAIN. ^_^
Nothing major, he just got upset once about something a student did. He's an alright guy, teaches software engineering and doesn't afraid of anything.
Old 09-10-2009 at 06:05 PM   #33
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

My first class was boring.. but it was first year class and so it was just all the stuff to do with policies. Then I had science 2b03 which seems like an interesting course. After, I had a 5 hour break, luckily, I found a friend to spend time with... then I had my first day of work at titles ... it was fun
Old 09-10-2009 at 06:17 PM   #34
caroline54

Liked: 10 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinthusized View Post
Then I had science 2b03 which seems like an interesting course.
I'm in that class too! I'm excited for it, it seems really interesting.
Old 09-10-2009 at 06:18 PM   #35
mellye
Elite Member

Liked: 29 Times

I had the two most amazing classes ever. Physics with Hughes was awesome. I love Physics so maybe that's why I liked it so much!

BUT Calc with Grasselli! I now bow down to him! He's so fun!
Old 09-10-2009 at 06:20 PM   #36
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline54 View Post
ohh what tutorial are you in? The prof seems really good... I'm trying to pressure my friends (who are in different faculty) to take the course but they think it's too science-y or something
Old 09-10-2009 at 06:23 PM   #37
caroline54

Liked: 10 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinthusized View Post
ohh what tutorial are you in? The prof seems really good... I'm trying to pressure my friends (who are in different faculty) to take the course but they think it's too science-y or something
Right now I'm in T07, but that might change. I want to switch psych 2c03 for geo 2ru3 but the geo lecture conflicts with T07 and all the other available tutorials for 2b03 so I don't really know what to do :(
Old 09-10-2009 at 07:45 PM   #38
manu
jack

Liked: 75 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline54 View Post
i'm in that class too!!
Old 09-10-2009 at 07:51 PM   #39
macsci
Elite Member

Liked: 93 Times

Awesome first day . Best of luck to everyone!
Old 09-10-2009 at 07:57 PM   #40
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellye View Post
I had the two most amazing classes ever. Physics with Hughes was awesome. I love Physics so maybe that's why I liked it so much!

BUT Calc with Grasselli! I now bow down to him! He's so fun!
Whoa. What math class? How did you get Grasselli? He was supposed to teach my course but now he isn't. -sad face-

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 09-10-2009 at 09:11 PM   #41
rrtt
Elite Member

Liked: 56 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by feonateresa View Post
;__________; It's not my fault! People love to take a million years the cross the roads on campus, so it takes the bus forever to get through! Oooh you people! -shakes fist-

Oh, when I was waiting for french class to start, I saw a flyer for MacInsiders. We need some more o' that!
Ah! I havent seen any posters yet...where was it? We definitely should have a MI poster making party soon!!

I thought people would be striking today and there would be a lot of traffic so I left my house 30 minutes earlier than usual and ended up at school an hour before my class. But I went to the Tank during the hour so it wasn't too bad. I pretty much love the two classes I had today.
Old 09-10-2009 at 09:22 PM   #42
mellye
Elite Member

Liked: 29 Times

Quote:
Whoa. What math class? How did you get Grasselli? He was supposed to teach my course but now he isn't. -sad face-
I'm in 1X03. The specialized math&stats calc course Yay Math Nerds!
Old 09-10-2009 at 09:23 PM   #43
IbrahimH

Liked: 13 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ.MVP View Post
sick class today in chem, hatala blew up ballons.
That was sooo awesome! What core do you have? We may be in the same class.
Old 09-10-2009 at 09:46 PM   #44
Myaccount

Liked: 3 Times

First day was okay! I had only one class, but beside me two friends sat, and they completely ignored me (I tried to start a convo), and chatted the whole time, fidgited, and rummaged in their purses the entire time, giggling, not taking notes, and being the kind of person I didn't want to sit beside.

It was pretty fascinating though, other than that!
Old 09-10-2009 at 09:52 PM   #45
Joseph

Liked: 132 Times

My first day went pretty well. Almost all my cores are on Thursday, so it was a pretty busy day for me. My Profs seem alright, and the courses seem to be very interesting. Psychobiology looks pretty scary though!

Last edited by Joseph : 09-10-2009 at 09:56 PM.